• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

Please elaborate and tell me how. I am running out of hope.

There are already some returns just south of Dalton and Moto reported flurries earler. Plenty of moisture in between Chattanooga and Nashville too. It might dry up, but I have some hope!

Current snow depth in Carrboro:

Epic. :lmao:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Humming along at ~1" per hour here, maybe a little more, top of my car has almost 3"!  Banding while shrinking over the northern coastal plain, does seem to be redeveloping just to my west, east of 95, hopefully we can stay in this for another 2-3 hours, before it lightens up and the bulk of the accum is over.

The sun had been out here - now a cloud deck is moving in from the west. I thought it was over for the Triad, but I looked at the WV loop, and you can clearly see the development on the lee-side growing up from the SW Piedmont in our direction. I'm in the gap between what we had earlier and the trough to the west. Dare I hope there's more to come? (not holding my breath - any flakes will do !)

You suck!  But then again, you always suck when there is a coastal...we almost always get the screw job here...925 mb minimum sitting right over my head...FAIL

Humming along at ~1" per hour here, maybe a little more, top of my car has almost 3"!  Banding while shrinking over the northern coastal plain, does seem to be redeveloping just to my west, east of 95, hopefully we can stay in this for another 2-3 hours, before it lightens up and the bulk of the accum is over.

The sun had been out here - now a cloud deck is moving in from the west. I thought it was over for the Triad, but I looked at the WV loop, and you can clearly see the development on the lee-side growing up from the SW Piedmont in our direction. I'm in the gap between what we had earlier and the trough to the west. Dare I hope there's more to come? (not holding my breath - any flakes will do !)

The RAP has had this band all along and it looks like it may be intense.  That little snow shower I got earlier was just a bonus.  The sun is still out here, but it's good to hear that the cloud deck is closing in out your way.

Accumulations should be easier to come by with the sun setting.

Archived