joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's good news...as is the latest RAP.  You think we can squeeze out another inch or two?

Looking at the radar, it looks like the darker greens in Durham extending south towards Sanford is the band we wanted but it's coming in early and is developing to late, it might be perfect for WeatherNC though.

Heavy snow in Union,SC. Just had a heavy band move through. About an inch. Tem went from 42 to 33 in 10 minutes at onset of snow

Finally had that band come through here a little earler and gave me thundersnow along with maybe the heaviest snow i've ever seen for a few mins. Got around an inch out of it.

I've really enjoyed this day, overall.  I had flurries off and on all morning, and then about 1 inch of snow inside of an hour between 2 and 3 PM.  It was so awesome seeing the snow fall during the day.  Then, I got to watch more light snow showers this afternoon.  All in all, a great day for a little snowstorm.  Here's a compilation of some video I took during the snow fest this afternoon:

:snowing::thumbsup:

More graupel?  WOW...I am impressed with some of these mesoscale bands that set up this afternoon...the models nailed it!

That little snow shower that came bursting through here at around 4 PM and dropped 3/4" had some graupel to start things off, too, it seemed.  Then it turned over to huge flakes and that was that.

Archived