Newest Member
    joxey
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can i as a really stupid question here?

With the Early Model runs, there were "many" pieces of energies going around the bottom of the through, could this be one of the SLP's they are talking about "bombing out"? as GeorgeTown, MB per say were NOT to get anything at all...

I'm posting this radar grab, and asking this question as yes, it pertains to MBY, I'm about to see something interesting?

Would this be called a mesoscale vort or what? Sorry Mods bout this "Weenie" question...

Currently;

North/NNE winds @ 12 Mph Gusting 14+

Dew 35

Humidity 100%

pressure 29.88

Developing MesoLow?

post-2767-0-87053600-1361073768_thumb.jp

I wish Valkhorn was able to see the joy in you Carolina posters. Big congrats to all seeing snow. Lord knows you all deserve it. I wasn't lucky today in Marietta. I could have sworn earlier today I could see snow coming from the clouds but evaporating before reaching the ground. I could see the signs... A wispy look at the cloud bases..... This is sad I know but all I've got to report out this far west.

Well this event was both impressive and disappointing at the same time.  Here at KSOP it started off at 9AM as rain, 10AM it was a good wintry mix.  10:30 it was heavy, heavy snow that lasted util about 1PM.  Probably 1.5-2" accumulated on grass, cars, roofs, etc.  Roads were slushy in parts but mostly just wet.  From 1-2PM the snow fell extremely lightly, and 2-3PM it rained.  3PM-8PM was on and off snow showers/flurries, but nothing accumulating.  Earlier in the day all cars and grass was covered and white.  By 5PM grass was showing etc.  Barely anything left now.  It really depends.  Some areas of town still have a good 3/4 inch whereas other parts of town have barely anything at all.  Wish the sfc temps would have stayed 32 and under all day but no such luck.  :(  

Snow didn't quite make it to Charleston and Mt. Pleasant, but it flurried for about 15 minutes in Summerville, Goose Creek and Hanahan. Even a light dusting recorded on I-26. More than last year.

post-1601-0-39608800-1361076274_thumb.jp

Happy for everyone who got snow in the rest of SC. Something good in this warm winter.

Welp. Buies Creek did alright apparently at 2.5" per WRAL!

Here's a video, picture, and radar image  during the onset of the heaviest rates I saw in Buies Creek...I have another longer video that has possibly slightly heavier rates but it may just be me...I'll upload that one later.

BDPwcR7CAAEWWi8.jpg

84bea23c787211e2b7d622000a1f968a_7.jpg

Been walking the Pup for the past couple hours outside IMBY,,, Looks like We never got anything; (energy),  dropping from Columbia here, We ended up Getting,  "dry-slotted"... Couple good "spritzes" of snow, nothing remarkable, though nice watching under the glow of street-Lamps...

No accumlation what-so-ever here in ILM proper...

(though 5 +/- miles *across the River* had acculmation(s)... Boliva/Supply/Whiteville/Leland/Castle Hayne et al (Points just south & North from WILM)...Recieved a Good dusting, 1' or so of quick acculation(s)...

I'm happy, that; Most if not ALL though-out the South-Eastern crew got to see *SOMETHING*, Even us here in ILM, with token flakes & a *Flizzered*....After a pro-longed "snow-drought", it Revives Memories of Snowier times & great & also Not-so-great event(s), though, I'm happy I got to see "something" *better than nothing at all*....

Thanks to all the MET(s), *Red-Taggers*, et al; for catching onto this "NOWCAST" of a   Phantom Storm, in addition to great work by other Weather Enthusiast's that contributing, while NOT comminting sucide, or others doing so, by cliff-diving,,,   :clap:

Special thanks to  WildreMann & ColdRain for NOT "canceling" *Winter* per se, Keeping the South-Estern crew from becoming de-moarlized, whilest our Mod(s), NO Disrespect there Mods intended!, whom vented well noted frustration on the contuning scre , opps BEAR~ job  they got "again"..  :hurrbear:

They, Wiidremann & CR, "promised" & forecasted & delivered; that We all would see Snow,(though NOT a blizzard);sometime this Woefull "winter", , so this is NOT a "bust" IMOP....   :mapsnow:

I'll say a Special Prayer for you folks, (Frustrated Mods, et al), to get Double-thumped by Thunder-snow, heated by Durnial Instability from the Moon...

:thumbsup:

Peace to ALL the SE-CREW! 

CT

Thank me for that. I left SOP 2 years ago :)

Ha!  Figures, doesn't it?  As soon as you leave the place...same thing happened to me, though.  I moved from LIT to SOP a few months ago...as we all know...LIT got 9.5" of snow on Christmas day 2012....just 9 months after I left :cry: 

I did see the pic of Midland Road you posted from a storm in the early 2000s though...crazy.  Didn't recognize it one bit. 

Archived