12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally at 84 the axis digs into the FL panhandle and the norther Gulf and the energy  at the base or slightly behind the axis. Anything that could develope would be suppressed  before moving too far off shore. In short the Southern Stream energy is just too late.

This is definitely horribly disappointing. As of now I don't see this coming to be. I may have to settle for a worse winter than last. We would need a 12+ hour shift in terms of getting an earlier phase to be in the game.

That so much to ask for 4 days out?. Haha! Besides, it's the 84 hour NAM. Don't we usually throw that out? :)

I'm just waiting for todays storm to go by us in the east, so then the models can handle the data better. I hope they send another recon in later today or evening. I think the guys at NOAA know something is a miss with the data that's why they sent a plane in yesterday. Tonight 00z runs will be fun! Also as EYEWALL pointed out the surface doesn't seem logical with all the energy merging somewhere from  TX, LA, to FLA. 

Flight leaves at 2000Z or about 4 hours from now. Hurry...!

Plan of the Day

000NOUS42 KNHC 121743REPRPDWEATHER RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHTSCARCAH, NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER, MIAMI, FL.1230 PM EST TUE 12 FEBRUARY 2013SUBJECT: WINTER STORM PLAN OF THE DAY (WSPOD)         VALID 13/1100Z TO 14/1100Z FEBRUARY 2013         WSPOD NUMBER.....12-074I.  ATLANTIC REQUIREMENTS    1. NEGATIVE RECONNAISSANCE REQUIREMENTS.    2. OUTLOOK FOR SUCCEEDING DAY.....NEGATIVE.II. PACIFIC REQUIREMENTS    1. FLIGHT ONE -- NOAA 49       A. P9/ DROP 7 (45.0N 167.0W)/ 14/0000Z       B  NOAA9 10WSC TRACK9       C. 13/2000Z       D. 15 DROPS AS PUBLISHED ON TRACK       E. 41,000 TO 45,000 FT/ 14/0600Z    2. SUCCEEDING DAY OUTLOOK.....NEGATIVE.    3. REMARK: THE NOAA G-IV WILL FLY TRACK P-23 TODAY AS       DETAILED IN WSPOD 12-073.$

I'm just waiting for todays storm to go by us in the east, so then the models can handle the data better. I hope they send another recon in later today or evening. I think the guys at NOAA know something is a miss with the data that's why they sent a plane in yesterday. Tonight 00z runs will be fun! Also as EYEWALL pointed out the surface doesn't seem logical with all the energy merging somewhere from  TX, LA, to FLA. 

when its a toss up generally we lose out.  JB did say anything possible with this but did like the next ten days with what euro showing.  Robert also emailed me this morning saying the same thing.  I for one not to confident but if it happens I have run buy 10 tons of salt as I am out.  I do like the set up next weekend.  That would be a great birthday present for me.  Good to hear from you

Yeah, this one smacked of desperation.

Minimum criteria for storm thread:

1) Euro has to show the event for 3 straight runs, inside 7 days

2) Then Euro has to show it for 3 more runs in a row.

3) Then Deltadog and Eyewall have to personally approve the thread

4) Then there has to be at least one more Euro run showing the storm.

We may have to go to a 48 hour rule on storm threads.

when its a toss up generally we lose out.  JB did say anything possible with this but did like the next ten days with what euro showing.  Robert also emailed me this morning saying the same thing.  I for one not to confident but if it happens I have run buy 10 tons of salt as I am out.  I do like the set up next weekend.  That would be a great birthday present for me.  Good to hear from you

That a lot of salt for a birthday meal ( might want to get your blood pressure checked)!

I just don't think it's being modeled right, there is so much energy around it can be keying in on the wrong feature ( all models). When have you not seen rain and heavy rain when a low is coming through the GULF. What has me watching so closely is that POTENTIALLY it still could be a monster of a storm. 

Yeah, this one smacked of desperation.

Minimum criteria for storm thread:

1) Euro has to show the event for 3 straight runs, inside 7 days

2) Then Euro has to show it for 3 more runs in a row.

3) Then Deltadog and Eyewall have to personally approve the thread

4) Then there has to be at least one more Euro run showing the storm.

I know you're being facicious here but I actually agree with number 1 in principle.  For this "event", there really hasn't been more than one run spaced out here and there that really showed a SE storm at all (One of them was an 18Z GFS run!).  It's great when those runs come, but for an actual thread to be made for a threat (for it to really be a threat) I think there needs to be at least 3 consecutive runs of the GFS or EURO that shows it first.  I'm not picky on the days though, if there's 3-4 consecutive runs 8-9 days I'm down with that since it's got potential, IMO.    

Pretty much. The trough needs to hang back more but that just doesn't want to happen in this regime.

If you look at the axis center point on the January 2000 map I posted and look at the latest NAM above it. The latest NAM is centered over about Waynesville, but Jan 200 was centered over about Chattanooga. So this is the distance and sorta benchmark the triad needs to get back to.

Archived