Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tilt is important, but one problem is that the trough axis keeps moving farther and farther east. There is really no way it's going to get negative in time if the axis doesn't shift west some. Of course, the Canadian has it on the other side of the country ....

Widre is right, have to give the Euro every opportunity to sniff this out. But at best it feels like a 1 out of 10 shot.

Wildre is right. Why punt when it's not 4th down. If the euro shoots blanks the next 3-4 runs consecutively then ill call the punter onto the field. Right now the euro potential is 50/50 at best producing anything of significance in this supersonic flow. 3-7 day range it is the king of the hill down here for my preference. Knowing the difficulty models would have with the table set up for this one the way it is, best thing to do is wait and use the old EE rule as the next 48-72 hours unfold.

There's a lot of potential here still. There are a number of pieces of energy in the northern stream, and two in the southern stream. The timing is the key, as we all know. Things we do know: we'll have a trough in the east; we'll have cold air; we'll have energy. It's just a matter of seeing if we'll get some sort of phase. With all the s/w's about, I can't imagine that we won't see *something*. And with the models having shown several solutions involving a storm, including a few that took the storm inland to the west of us, I'd be utterly surprised if we only end up with a weak low way out to sea. It just doesn't seem right.

The tilt is important, but one problem is that the trough axis keeps moving farther and farther east. There is really no way it's going to get negative in time if the axis doesn't shift west some. Of course, the Canadian has it on the other side of the country ....

Widre is right, have to give the Euro every opportunity to sniff this out. But at best it feels like a 1 out of 10 shot.

I agree 100% bean...As long as that trough axis is so far east it's going to be hard to turn the corner in time.

I can get Euro maps for free from Weather Underground, including precip and surface temperatures.

Congrats Widre...And I can get mine from SV for a small fee.  It looks like we're both happy.  We both get the maps we like.

Canadian basically lost its entire precip field from the 12z to the 0z run. Had an area of 10mm+ over the central MIss. Valley on 12z run at 84 hours. All that's left at same time (72 hours) on the 0z run is a mm or 2 over Ky.and northern Tenn. Surface low is super weak.

Better have a Euro Hail Mary tonight ...

There's a lot of potential here still. There are a number of pieces of energy in the northern stream, and two in the southern stream. The timing is the key, as we all know. Things we do know: we'll have a trough in the east; we'll have cold air; we'll have energy. It's just a matter of seeing if we'll get some sort of phase. With all the s/w's about, I can't imagine that we won't see *something*. And with the models having shown several solutions involving a storm, including a few that took the storm inland to the west of us, I'd be utterly surprised if we only end up with a weak low way out to sea. It just doesn't seem right.

I have to interrupt our current Storm-Drop-In-Progress to say this...

That Glass Half Full attitude looks mighty good on you, Widre. I'm impressed and I agree. Wow!

I'm scared, Peach.  But after seeing the res. difference in the two models,( and I can understand visuals), even if calc. eludes me, I've got to pay more attention to watching the Euro as it comes in, rather than waiting for a recounting, and looking later.  Some good stuff tonight.  T

Kinda scared me, to be honest. :) I do agree, though. It seems we are just one baggy contour away from a nice gulf-tapping. All the cards are on the table now. Nothing left to do but see who is holding what. Texas Hold-Em Meteorology right there, folks. :pimp: 

Well, as long as the big two hold the cold, I'm still in.  Keep that 0 line in Fla. and mid Ga will get some cold air for a change.  I just checked the temps though and it's around 40 for a high on the 0z..and take a few degrees off, as often happens, and I still don't think I'll see a high below freezing unless it's pouring ip/sn.  Still a moderate push of cold can do the trick if the trough is in the gulf and can pop a low, and not stopped around Macon as per usual these last years. T

Edit:  Did you get some good rain, Delta? 

Archived