• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

Looking at Wunderground maps now... The Euro actually shows measurable precip over much of South Carolina.  There's also what appears to be a flizzard in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.  Baby steps, right?

To be honest, looking at h5 and the trends, the Euro looks like it's close.  Then again, I'm an eternal optimist, so I don't know.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 0Z Doctor says no/next!

Edit: ooops, actually that's not true. Some light precip. SE coast GA to NC. Heaviest QPF ~0.20" near Charleston fwiw. No snowfall shown on clown maps, but those maps show only 1"+.

How dry I am - next time I'll start the celebration later... hic!  :ee:  Dean Martin run. I promise to hydrate, please? Thanks for all the scientific disco. BTW - no owls flying overhead and a few mayflies showed up today along with the frogs singing in the rain...

Looking at the Euro last night, something I noticed is that the energy was a little more strung out when the trough was positively tilted in Texas. And when I say a little strung out, I say a little. It wasn't that noticeable. I also noticed that the trough was slightly broader when it was positively tilted. However, The trough become both a little sharper and even a little deeper compared to the 12z run. The trough was also a hair more negatively tilted on 00z. If it was a little more strung out in the beginning when it was over Texas, but got it's act together quickly and even looked better when the trough was on the  eastern seaboard, what if the trough isn't as strung out in Texas as it was in later runs? It may mean the trough was become negatively tilted soon. Just my opinion, please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Prepare for glory today.... ;)

I agree; if the models are going to trend back to the winter storm "look" then today is the day it will happen. Remember the Christmas day storm...

Hey if the Euro keeps inching closer we'll have a full blown snow storm on our hands 18 hours out.  :bag:

I hope it happens. I know these lows that bomb off the coast can be special and sometimes don't show up until a few days beforehand. Maybe this will be like the Christmas 2010 storm that some have alluded to and things will come back around the next couple of days.

hey wait a minute, have we given up on anything showing up for the western part of the state for the weekend? if so we might as well write this winter off, this was sorta my last hope after all the let downs :axe:

it never really held much promise for us. Everything is too far east. Exactly how do we write winter off? I keep hearing this and I wonder do we just say im tired of winter and it gets warm?

it never really held much promise for us. Everything is too far east. Exactly how do we write winter off? I keep hearing this and I wonder do we just say im tired of winter and it gets warm?

no not really tired of winter, guess I get a little disappointed every time a possibility shows up we end up with nothing.  guess all the let downs with not one decent snow has really built up.  I know we're good until April around here, was hoping this weekend was the one.  seems we always worry about the cold but that wasn't going to be a problem for a change for the weekend,  no moisture hurts.

no not really tired of winter, guess I get a little disappointed every time a possibility shows up we end up with nothing.  guess all the let downs with not one decent snow has really built up.  I know we're good until April around here, was hoping this weekend was the one.  seems we always worry about the cold but that wasn't going to be a problem for a change for the weekend,  no moisture hurts.

JB this am said this weekend's storm is the hardest of the winter to forecast.  He said a split in the energy could be a big problem for any storm.

What is the significance of the s/w out in the southwest at 60 hours? The 12 NAM is really focusing on that one more than it has on prior runs -- much stronger and slower (well NW of 6z position).

Well that piece wants to head into TX and there is some energy coming out of the Plains in the northern stream but it of course misses the main chunk of northern stream energy that rotates through IL because it is slower.

OK.

I'm not sure this run wasn't an improvement, however. Still not there, of course.

Well that piece wants to head into TX and there is some energy coming out of the Plains in the northern stream but it of course misses the main chunk of northern stream energy that rotates through IL because it is slower.

Archived