12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out to zero....let's see where she goes.

Man, I wish Burger were in here doing PBP!!!!

Sorry I was in a long meeting earlier I'm here just not much to report on. Interestingly enough the hi-res NAM @54 has snow breaking across the Piedmont and into RDU...nothing to write home about but some pretty flurries but it might bear watching as the UKMet had some good moisture around central NC and into VA @72.

3MjdFkDl.gif

Wow, Burger, the High-Res NAM is kind of a legit light snow event across the northern half of NC.  I don't know how much I can trust it at this stage, but if the Ukie leads some credence, then who knows?  The GFS has shown a flizzard during this time period at times, as well.

There are great returns over RDU @57 on the composite radar....but it would probably be nothing but a flizzard at that point....still fun to watch. I haven't seen one these last two winters so I'll take it if it can somehow make it down into CLT. 

Sorry I was in a long meeting earlier I'm here just not much to report on. Interestingly enough the hi-res NAM @54 has snow breaking across the Piedmont and into RDU...nothing to write home about but some pretty flurries but it might bear watching as the UKMet had some good moisture around central NC and into VA @72.

3MjdFkDl.gif

At this point, I will take that all day. Thanks B!

There are great returns over RDU @57 on the composite radar....but it would probably be nothing but a flizzard at that point....still fun to watch. I haven't seen one these last two winters so I'll take it if it can somehow make it down into CLT. 

The 18z GFS picked up on it some, too, and put up some 0.10-0.25" QPF at one point in SE VA.  Maybe the northern tier of NC can sneak a flizzard out of that.

The regular 18z NAM didn't really have anything, though, so I don't know. On the other hand, the 18z NAM did look better for the real event (granted, probably not good enough).

The 18z GFS picked up on it some, too, and put up some 0.10-0.25" QPF at one point in SE VA. Maybe the northern tier of NC can sneak a flizzard out of that.

The regular 18z NAM didn't really have anything, though, so I don't know. On the other hand, the 18z NAM did look better for the real event (granted, probably not good enough).

Yeah, I think a lot of that is bay effect in se va and ne nc. Have to see if it keeps that up in future runs

27 hr has it over northeastern Kansas vs 18z 33 hr where it was over extreme eastern Iowa/western Illinois interesting but don't think it'll make a difference myself maybe we can get those snow showers down to burger for fri night

Ha don't think that's gonna happen but maybe someone to my north can see a little action from this run. 

Archived