Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to you guys/gals!  Maybe you'll allow for a Hudson River Valley runner for us deeper interior folk sometime this winter!! :)  I figured I'd pop in to your region to post the pic below.

My Aunt sent me this picture last night (she lives just south of Hartford, CT) during the death band height...she claims 7" in one hour...and that corresponds well with a few other reports I've heard (5-8"/hr.)  Look carefully and you will see a car that is supposedly only 25' from the camera!!!

blizzardoffeb82013aroun.jpg

Congratulations to you guys/gals!  Maybe you'll allow for a Hudson River Valley runner for us deeper interior folk sometime this winter!! :)  I figured I'd pop in to your region to post the pic below.

My Aunt sent me this picture last night (she lives just south of Hartford, CT) during the death band height...she claims 7" in one hour...and that corresponds well with a few other reports I've heard (5-8"/hr.)  Look carefully and you will see a car that is supposedly only 25' from the camera!!!

blizzardoffeb82013aroun.jpg

Looks like a shipment of packing peanuts exploded.

yeah, that didn't suck. just woke up. power back on. looked outside and i'm buried. looks like a few more inches to go based on radar.

Bands still developing and coming down across CT, RI and SE MA.  Best fluff ratios.  We can get another 6" from one of these. Cannot believe I never lost power, except for mnay brief (30 second) flashes.

Between the 6" of paste and then the drier snow after, it looks like April Fools Blizz out there. Kevin would love it.

That paste sucked in terms of accumulation, but not ONCE did I go over to sleet or rain here.  And that is worth it. If that paste were 10:1 snow, I would have 4 feet.    Hopefully I keep power now.   Cannot believe it's still on down here.  Drifting is amazing. I'm happy.  Going to take pics now.  

Archived