bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man there could be some seriously inflated totals in Maine, that band is just sitting there pouring all over them.

Just getting crushed here, band parked right over the office as I alluded to last night. Impossible to say exactly how much has fallen but I would imagine at least 15" since I left work at midnight. Heavy, heavy drifting at the WFO.

Just getting crushed here, band parked right over the office as I alluded to last night. Impossible to say exactly how much has fallen but I would imagine at least 15" since I left work at midnight. Heavy, heavy drifting at the WFO.

Band with 30 dbz+ seems to be finally moving off of Augusta/Portland, but Bangor northeast is still getting smoked.

That 4km NAM simulated reflectivity really nailed the position of the band at this time. Maybe even a touch too fast in pulling it out of the area.

Yeah I knew there was a model that I saw that had something very similar to this. Also with a very similar time to it moving east across MA/CT.

I'm not sure what that secondary band is doing, but I still am seeing 25 dbz returns on it from BOX.

Incredibly windy on the hill but UMass maxed at only 30mph. 

Berkshire East opening late? Wind holds possible I would guess.   Snow type reminds me of VDay once you got into like central VT.  Small, dense flakes.  Should cover stuff up nicely on the mountains, but you risk getting stuck on the flats.

Incredibly windy on the hill but UMass maxed at only 30mph. 

Berkshire East opening late? Wind holds possible I would guess.   Snow type reminds me of VDay once you got into like central VT.  Small, dense flakes.  Should cover stuff up nicely on the mountains, but you risk getting stuck on the flats.

Home much snow down there?  I went to bed at 1:30 and could not believe how hard it was snowing.

Yeah I knew there was a model that I saw that had something very similar to this. Also with a very similar time to it moving east across MA/CT.

I'm not sure what that secondary band is doing, but I still am seeing 25 dbz returns on it from BOX.

I don't know but that band can form and sit right over me.

Archived