northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I  went to bed at 10:00p.m. with moderate snow and probably 8" or so down.  The wind had been able to keep my backk deck cleared all day long until about 8:00 when the rate begin to exceed the snow fall.

Just came down now and don't have a clue how much has fallen.  The deck that had so stubbornly been letting the snow go has about a foot.  The snow has filled the bed of my F-150.  I'm not sure how well that can be used as a measuring device.  Ironically, the roof of the truck is bare but there's 2' on the hood.

I can't wait to hear how much Kevin got---man was he getting pummelled when I went to bed as was Gynx and looked like even Ryan and Wiz were about to be delaing with some heavy stuff.

LOL

There is not any one going anywhere today
426053_293977034061443_1855162377_n.jpg
531541_293977047394775_1306379358_n.jpg

I need f350 -550 trucks
Like ·  · Share · 3 hours ago near Tolland · 

What do you do for an encore i'll enjoy my 6 finished snowblowing my elderly relatives 3 driveways and some neighnbors been out since 2 o'clock. Went down to the sound real blizz conditions where i positioned myself average 40kt gusts enjoy your snowgasm.The system wasn't to disruptive for us i saw a fire truck having no problem going where they had to go see ya. peace

I just don't even know where to begin..OMG

congrats, Kevin--I saw the radar up by you lit like a Christmas tree last night before bed.  Must look like a nice scene out there this morning?

Does anyone have any clue as to how we can take measurements from this?   I'm not sure where to find a place that's not blown into drifts or blown from drifts.

Just woke up to house rattling wind gusts and whiteout conditions up this way.  Nice band overhead now.  The snowboard is in a drift but random measurements in the yard show 6.5 - 7" and accumulating fast.  Incredible stuff to the south.  Congrats everyone.  

Dude..this ****e is real deal Holyfield

•    
    Pursuant to Connecticut General Statutes Section 28-9(B)(4), Governor Malloy has amended his Order of February 8, 2013 as follows:

“As a result of life threatening conditions on roads across Connecticut, all vehicular traffic on all roads in the State is prohibited until further notice. This prohibition extends to all vehicles except for those emergency response and recovery vehicles with the capacity to maneuver in heavy snow.”
    Like ·  · Share · 7 minutes ago near Tolland · 
  • 203070_100003474455394_1405659299_q.jpg

We are out and we are trying to open the roads it crazy we don't even know where the driveways are
    Like ·  · Share · 50 seconds ago near Tolland · 

Tolland do not try to go out are roads are a mess 35+ inches some road are not open some roads one lane and some have the big red plow truck are stuck .there is tons of snow everywhere
    Like ·  · Share · 9 minutes ago near Tolland · 

Dude..this ****e is real deal Holyfield

•   
    Pursuant to Connecticut General Statutes Section 28-9( B)(4), Governor Malloy has amended his Order of February 8, 2013 as follows:

“As a result of life threatening conditions on roads across Connecticut, all vehicular traffic on all roads in the State is prohibited until further notice. This prohibition extends to all vehicles except for those emergency response and recovery vehicles with the capacity to maneuver in heavy snow.”

Like ·  · Share · 7 minutes ago near Tolland · 

We are out and we are trying to open the roads it crazy we don't even know where the driveways are
    Like ·  · Share · 50 seconds ago near Tolland · 

Tolland do not try to go out are roads are a mess 35+ inches some road are not open some roads one lane and some have the big red plow truck are stuck .there is tons of snow everywhere
    Like ·  · Share · 9 minutes ago near Tolland · 

Shades of 1978 with that.  I remember Ella Grasso doing the same thing--I think it was for four days.  I reember all the National guard trucks and equipment coming through to clear snow for days and days.  Those were the good old days when they could just dumpt the snow in the river.

Archived