joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm Part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, even the 18z GFS is now spitting out about 1.25" of QPF. Dryslot is still lurking to south and if we cut off for any significant amount of time I think my 8-11" amounts are fine. If we don't cutoff, Toronto is probably easily going north of the foot mark.

GTA is likely going to do pretty well with this one. No matter the outcome I will be out shooting tomorrow morning. Good luck. Hopefully we get greater than anticipated amounts ;)

WJBK was saying 3-5 last night, I knew they'd change their tune, as that was too close to reality.

They went back to 3-5". To bad im going to show case that map when were done :lol:

WXYZ has 5-7" north of 8 Mile. 3-5 south of that. 8-10"+ north of 26 Mile rd. 11"+ along 69.

Nice wet snow pics guys!

DTX saying freezing rain, sleet, and snow changing to snow with 2-4" overnight and up to an inch tomorrow. Sounds like a very good forecast but also with bust potential either way the way we will be threading the needle.

Temps jumped to 38F at DTW today, snow took quite a hit. Current snowcover is 1-2", there are some 3" spots in the shade but also some bare spots in the open sun (yes we had lots of sun today).

Very interesting to see the slight differences between the GEM and other models. Hence EC feeling that Hamilton-Halton are going to bear the brunt. Personally I think the heaviest snow will be from Hamilton to the northern/eastern GTA as per the steady Euro. EC may find themselves issuing Winter Storm Warnings in the morning for the GTA in my opinion. I don't see any reason to not have a Storm Warning in Toronto already based on all models, besides the GEM.  Should be a great storm! Enjoy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a snowfall warning is actually better than a winter storm warning given it means all snow as opposed to a mix of snow and ice pellets.

Thanks for the best wishes everyone. I live in northeast Toronto so hopefully I'll be in the bullseye.

Currently I'm downtown, where the snow seems to have temporarily tapered off.

GTA is likely going to do pretty well with this one. No matter the outcome I will be out shooting tomorrow morning. Good luck. Hopefully we get greater than anticipated amounts ;)

Awesome man I will definitely be checking out the video. As someone who spent the last few months pouring over the models waiting for the big one, it breaks my b***s to be leaving the bullseye less than 12 hrs before we get hit.

Cheers to you guys.

I guess there's always another storm.

Very weird for Chicago to flip before Cycloneville

It was raining a half hour ago when I left work.  Drove right through the rain/snow line right before I came into Erie.  Looks like it could rip for the next half hour to hour, so it's possible we could sneak out a lucky/quick inch of cement.

Awesome man I will definitely be checking out the video. As someone who spent the last few months pouring over the models waiting for the big one, it breaks my b***s to be leaving the bullseye less than 12 hrs before we get hit.

Cheers to you guys.

I guess there's always another storm.

Are you leaving Southern Ontario for this storm or something? If so sorry to hear that your gonna miss this one. 

Archived