Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm Part 2

Hoosier

Nice pics guys.

Looks like we have somewhere around 6" of snow here . RAC has recorded 0.57" of liquid so far, so  9 or 10:1 ratios seem reasonable.

Flakes have increased in size again might get another burst of heavy snow before this ends.

6.8" at ENW with 0.63" liquid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very little snow has fallen here. I'm watching the news and I'm seeing amazing pictures very close by, but nothing to speak of here. It's like a very heavy mist with some very big snowflakes mixed in at times.

Any snow in those bands? I could not believe how my friend has no snow

Nice pics guys.

Looks like we have somewhere around 6" of snow here . RAC has recorded 0.57" of liquid so far, so  9 or 10:1 ratios seem reasonable.

Flakes have increased in size again might get another burst of heavy snow before this ends.

You guys out on the lake have awhile to go yet. It's not even over in Madison, could easily get another inch from the bands that keep developing on the back side. Racine might see another few inches and maybe more before this ends, especially considering the increase in ratios on the backside.

At least it ripped for awhile. Not done yet. Might not be much additional, but radar keeps looking better to your west. 

yeah, not complaining.  It was fun.  I had .7 here and at ORD.  Busted by about an inch here, pretty close at ORD.  Snow pretty much only accumulating under super heavy returns otherwise it's just cementing.  

Still getting freaking virga here.  Maybe the main event was over this afternoon.   :arrowhead:

I haven't been watching your radar much, but I thought you'd be buried like I was by now! That's bogus your getting virga still.

---

RC if you're wondering or anyone else is. My snow ratio is 10:1 on the dot.

Nice pics guys.

6.8" at ENW with 0.63" liquid

10.8:1, 10.6:1 respectably.

Snowing like crazy again here.

Snow depth up to 8", was 7" before the storm. At least it went up, some serious compression occurred during the freezing rain. Another hour or 2 of light snow and it'll be over, 0.47" liquid so looks like we'll end up with approximately 1/2". We fit the gauntlet of precip types into that 1/2" no doubt, but most of it has been snow. 0.39" of snow liquid equivalent thus far, so 4" looks right on the money.

Fairly sure this storm caught alot of people off guard in the area, a winter weather advisory was in effect but this ended up being comprable to a true winter storm. The roads are terrible right now.

Agreed, caught some people here off guard. Watched two different neighbors get stuck at the entrance to their driveways, lol. And it's not even that hilly here. I think the thick slush at the base of the new snow when compacted was turning basically into glaze ice.

3.5" measured recently. We're under blue returns on the radar but it's really coming down now, harder than most of the afternoon. Maybe could still break 4".

Depth is now 9".

You guys out on the lake have awhile to go yet. It's not even over in Madison, could easily get another inch from the bands that keep developing on the back side. Racine might see another few inches and maybe more before this ends, especially considering the increase in ratios on the backside.

Looks like another 3hrs or so of snow, some 10" snow totals are a good possibility.

I haven't been watching your radar much, but I thought you'd be buried like I was by now! That's bogus your getting virga still.

---

RC if you're wondering or anyone else is. My snow ratio is 10:1 on the dot.

It just started snowing again IMBY.  Went straight from virga to moderate snow.  It seems like there was a warm dry layer (slightly above freezing temps but below freezing dewpoints) that pushed in this afternoon in the lower levels and it took a while for it to get saturated again. It's weird how the onset is so abrupt.

They went back to 3-5". To bad im going to show case that map when were done :lol:

WXYZ has 5-7" north of 8 Mile. 3-5 south of that. 8-10"+ north of 26 Mile rd. 11"+ along 69.

For some reason, I never did see the pic of said map, but WJBK is always good for a gut laugh with their "deathstorm" forecasting.

I'm about three miles north of 69, just a couple miles northwest of KFNT... we'll be hard pressed here to hit anything close to that considering that I have yet to see a single snowflake in the last 24 hours... Not a one! We may have had a tad of drizzle on and off, but definitely no snow yet, just stuck in virgaland.

We've been hovering at or just above 32 degrees and playing tag with the freeze line all day. The point forecast is saying 3-5" overnight and another inch or two in the morning, but it had better start coming down soon if we're going to see that. I'd like to see some snow anytime now (although I'm not really enthused about having to shovel it if it does materialize).

Maybe next time I look outside, it'll finally be coming down.

Looks like another 3hrs or so of snow, some 10" snow totals are a good possibility.

Just did a quick calculation using radar, backedge is moving at about 15 mph so there's around 2.5 hours of snow left for Madison and at least 6 hours but probably more left for the lakeshore. GFS gives MKE snow until sunrise.

For some reason, I never did see the pic of said map, but WJBK is always good for a gut laugh with their "deathstorm" forecasting.

I'm about three miles north of 69, just a couple miles northwest of KFNT... we'll be hard pressed here to hit anything close to that considering that I have yet to see a single snowflake in the last 24 hours... Not a one! We may have had a tad of drizzle on and off, but definitely no snow yet, just stuck in virgaland.

We've been hovering at or just above 32 degrees and playing tag with the freeze line all day. The point forecast is saying 3-5" overnight and another inch or two in the morning, but it had better start coming down soon if we're going to see that. I'd like to see some snow anytime now (although I'm not really enthused about having to shovel it if it does materialize).

Maybe next time I look outside, it'll finally be coming down.

I wouldn't get my hopes up... That's a lot of snow in a short amount of time if you think about it. I hope you do better over there than I do down here!! That's for sure.

Just did a quick calculation using radar, backedge is moving at about 15 mph so there's around 2.5 hours of snow left for Madison and at least 6 hours but probably more left for the lakeshore. GFS gives MKE snow until sunrise.

Probably light snow for a lot of that time...? Be interesting to see if the EURO call for the LES to push down to west side of the lake will come true.

10" seems within reach now.

---

I like your new avatar Toronto Blizzard. :snowman:

Archived