gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm Part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow finally winding down here. Picked up another .8", storm total of 4.9".

Surprise overperformer, and by far the bet event of the year.

Not bad at all.

Not really by the back edge now, temperatures are starting to cool, so could get another inch!

---

Ok, Cyclone -

Here's a couple night shots.

DTX... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT...

MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD AREAS ALONG AND NORTH OF INTERSTATE 96 BY MIDNIGHT AND WILL PERSIST WELL INTO THE OVERNIGHT HOURS. ONCE THE SNOW BEGINS... VISIBILITIES WILL QUICKLY FALL AND ROAD CONDITIONS WILL RAPIDLY DETERIORATE. SNOWFALL RATES WILL APPROACH OR EXCEED 1 INCH PER HOUR AT TIMES RESULTING IN SEVERAL INCHES OF ACCUMULATION BY 4 AM... ESPECIALLY ALONG AND NORTH OF M-59.

FURTHER SOUTH... WARM AIR ALOFT WILL RESULT IN A PERIOD OF FREEZING RAIN OR SLEET BEFORE PRECIPITATION CHANGES TO ALL SNOW LATER TONIGHT. A LIGHT GLAZING OF ICE WILL BE POSSIBLE ON ELEVATED SURFACES AND UNTREATED ROADWAYS DURING THIS TIME.

It looks like you're going to win.  I thought I would do better since the snow this afternoon was more intense than I expected.  I just got dry slotted for way too long to recover.

You gonna end up around 8"...maybe?

9 inches so far with more falling...hoping the wrap around brings us up to a foot.

16 inches on the ground now.

It sounds like your area did great, Geos!

I got about 13" on the ground now! Snow is light now, but is accumulating better since it's down to 31°. Blowing around a little bit too.

South from Racine to Waukegan did great.

9 inches so far with more falling...hoping the wrap around brings us up to a foot.

16 inches on the ground now.

It sounds like your area did great, Geos!

It looks like the the back end is re-intensifying a little over Lake MI.  Too bad there's another dry slot pushing in from the SW ahead of it.  You've managed to stay clear of dry slots and warm air intrusions.

You gonna end up around 8"...maybe?

I got about 13" on the ground now! Snow is light now, but is accumulating better since it's down to 31°. Blowing around a little bit too.

South from Racine to Waukegan did great.

As far as total depth goes, probably.  Total might be higher if you take into account the minor melting and settling that occurred with the brief warmup between the first two rounds.

Archived