• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm Part 2

Hoosier

Was looking at that little LES band up by Manitowoc just now...

Sailing past 8" here.

Yeah i noticed that too, winds at the surface are N now but winds at 925 and 850mb are still NE winds are pretty light though so not sure if it will amount to much.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably light snow for a lot of that time...? Be interesting to see if the EURO call for the LES to push down to west side of the lake will come true.

10" seems within reach now.

---

I like your new avatar Toronto Blizzard. :snowman:

Lighter reflectivities are being compensated for by increased ratio from lower temps, probably 1/2" per hour rates all the way to the backside.

Thanks for posting all of the great photos and reports. Enjoying seeing some around here getting hit. Good luck to the Toronto crew. Hope to see the end results here tomorrow, but I'm afraid the board will be crashed due to the EC storm. If so, enjoy the snow and see you in a couple of days.

Bufkits for Toronto are weenie-tastic. Max omega intersects with the DGZ and stays there for 15+ hours. They also get a moist neutral or weakly unstable layer to sneak in during the height of the storm, again right across the DGZ.

If you're looking for efficient snow production, that's exactly the profile you want.

I wouldn't get my hopes up... That's a lot of snow in a short amount of time if you think about it. I hope you do better over there than I do down here!! That's for sure.

The difference between his area and yours is that you ended up in a screwzone of sorts in regards to moisture/qpf. things pick up once you get east of lansing and even moreso after 23. 

Power out in Pleasant Prairie now. Large limbs down all down my street. Dead silence interrupted by violent cracks--then a bang. Never seen snow this heavy fall so quickly. If this is what's headed for the EC...bad. Hopefully it's drier out east

There's a little over a 1000 customers in the warned counties in IL that are in the dark. Just went outside and knock some snow off my white pines. Few small branches have broken here.

https://www.comed.com/_layouts/comedsp/OutageMap.aspx

Around 8.5" now.

Bufkits for Toronto are weenie-tastic. Max omega intersects with the DGZ and stays there for 15+ hours. They also get a moist neutral or weakly unstable layer to sneak in during the height of the storm, again right across the DGZ.

If you're looking for efficient snow production, that's exactly the profile you want.

BUFKIT is an awesome tool, but it can be a bit generous with the ratios. According to BUFKIT, my climo SLR is 22:1. :lol:

:thumbsup:

IU? No. But eff those bastards tonight.

Huge win for the Illini. That's 3 big signature wins over Top 25 teams (Butler, Gonzaga and Indiana). Could help them make the big dance in March.

Back on topic, there is a break in the snow here in Toronto. But it looks like there's another batch of snow over southwestern Ontario that's poised to move in the next 2 or 3 hours. So far, I'd say between 1-1.25 inches of snow has fallen so far.

Huge win for the Illini. That's 3 big signature wins over Top 25 teams (Butler, Gonzaga and Indiana). Could help them make the big dance in March.

Back on topic, there is a break in the snow here in Toronto. But it looks like there's another batch of snow over southwestern Ontario that's poised to move in the next 2 or 3 hours. So far, I'd say between 1-1.25 inches of snow has fallen so far.

And Ohio St....just can't figure this team out.  Good luck tomorrow.

Yea IU. I am not sold on them. I think Michigan State is the best team in the big ten and I'm a Michigan fan

I like Michigan. Then IU, then MSU. 

Good luck tomorrow. :)

And Ohio St....just can't figure this team out.  Good luck tomorrow.

Bunch of knuckleheads. 

Archived