Detroit between Interstate 96 and M59. Recent observations and

radar returns suggest that snowfall rates will reach or exceed 2

inches per hour at times with this band. Motorists should expect white

out conditions through 3am.

So close yet so far away.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow has become flurries here in Cersco, 6 miles SE of BC.

We managed to pick up a quick 3.5 inches here between 9:30 and midnight. Deformation snow is diminishing across the lake thus accumulating snow has ended for much of the area.

Still, happy with a storm total 3.5″…big, wet, fluffy snow. It was a site to see. Can’t wait to see it again, hopefully soon.

1200 AM     SNOW             OHARE AIRPORT           41.98N 87.90W02/08/2013  M0.5 INCH        COOK               IL   OFFICIAL NWS OBS            MEASURED 0.5 INCHES FROM 600 PM TO MIDNIGHT. STORM TOTAL            1.4 INCHES.

Give me another .1 to hit my 1.5-2.5" range. Ideally if we can we get .4" more to hit my target I'd be pleased but that is a bit unrealistic looking at the radar.

1200 AM     SNOW             OHARE AIRPORT           41.98N 87.90W02/08/2013  M0.5 INCH        COOK               IL   OFFICIAL NWS OBS            MEASURED 0.5 INCHES FROM 600 PM TO MIDNIGHT. STORM TOTAL            1.4 INCHES.

Give me another .1 to hit my 1.5-2.5" range. Ideally if we can we get .4" more to hit my target I'd be pleased but that is a bit unrealistic looking at the radar.

missed it by .4" in the contest. 

Snow has become flurries here in Cersco, 6 miles SE of BC. We managed to pick up a quick 3.5 inches here between 9:30 and midnight. Deformation snow is diminishing across the lake thus accumulating snow has ended for much of the area. Still, happy with a storm total 3.5″…big, wet, fluffy snow. It was a site to see. Can’t wait to see it again, hopefully soon.

Seems the totals here ranged from 3.5 to 4.5 across BC. I ended up with 4.0! Another guy on west side of town is around that 4.5" mark.

Plows already out in full force.

Anyone have qpf output from Euro for Toronto/Buffalo/Rochester interested in its last run before storm hits. Thanks!

Around a inch for Toronto to near .75 for Rochester.

Boston back towards ORH/most of CT/RI still in the 2-2.5 zone. Some sick stuff out that way..

Archived