• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm Part 2

Hoosier

Figured it was too good to be true, lol. With the way the last two winters have gone here getting a good snowstorm is like pulling teeth here south of 696 and east of 75. 

Bull**** and I feel for you guys. I would be equally if not more pissed off. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems the totals here ranged from 3.5 to 4.5 across BC. I ended up with 4.0! Another guy on west side of town is around that 4.5" mark.

Plows already out in full force.

Hah, the plows haven't even tried here. It is going to be a sloooooow commute here in the morning.

It has stayed all snow here, just north of I-69. Somewhere about an inch and a half down now from the looks of it. Some bigger flakes mixed with tons of pixie dust.

Did it JUST really start for you guys? You didn't get anything during the day?

Almost to a foot of new snow. Complete snow depth is now about a foot and a half. I just went for a walk and it is beautiful. The snow falling now is definitely fluffier and sparkles...compared to the HEAVY wet snow beneath it. So, about 9 inches of concrete snow and 3 inches of fluffy snow on top brings me to a foot with snow still falling. I am very happy with how this turned out.

Enjoy your snowstorm, Toronto friends! It is about time for you. :)

Almost to a foot of new snow. Complete snow depth is now about a foot and a half. I just went for a walk and it is beautiful. The snow falling now is definitely fluffier and sparkles...compared to the HEAVY wet snow beneath it. So, about 9 inches of concrete snow and 3 inches of fluffy snow on top brings me to a foot with snow still falling. I am very happy with how this turned out.

Enjoy your snowstorm, Toronto friends! It is about time for you. :)

congrats and thanks.

Video update from Ottawa:

Been snowing consistently since about 8pm. Really picked up in the last 2-3 hours. Flake size not huge but increasing rates :) and the wind has picked up significantly in the last little bit.

Not the best video but hope you see something.

Cheers until tomorrow,

Efficient is an understatement. I was really surprised when I looked at EC's radar and saw that this stuff wasn't even 25dBZ. I would have guessed 30-35 or so. Can't even imagine what it will be like in a few hours.

I'm really tempted to set my alarm for something like 9am just to see what it'll look like outside.

I am going to take a wild guess and say roads are a disaster. After starting as a dusting of snow and sleet around midnight, we went over to freezing rain for 2 hours, glazing everything (I woke up and could tell the sidewalks were an ice rink, the old snow just had the ice sitting on top, and the few grassy patches there were appeared to be ice as well). Went over to snow, massive flakes, shortly after 2am and accumulated very quickly. Just eyeballing we probably have over 2 inches, which really isnt half bad considering the ice. Plus deform still to swing through.

Archived