northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm Part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last band produced a quick 1.1/5, on top of my 5-6" (estimate)  on the ground...total should be around 7.5" (warning criteria, not advisory) maybe a little more....hard to measure since it is wind blown snow, however I've measured a few spots up to 11" (drifts)..

Here's another one. Wtf. Either you guys are improperly measuring or I'm in a screwhole. Are any of you guys clearing your measuring surface more than once per 6 hours?

I measure 3 times a hour in 5-7 different places, idk about the other guys. I actually have a area built just for measuring snowfall. Its always accurate because they're aint any drifting possible in that area. 

I believe Pearson is up to 15cm now. It was about 6cm 2-3 hours ago, not including yesterdays 3cm. 

Dear god... Meltdowns occuring in the NE and NYC subforum because they may get less than 2 feet. lol. In all honesty, I expect some insane snow totals from out there.

Finished with 5" on the dot last night. quite the overperformer here. Busted low with my call for mby, 4.5", and Geos 7". Seems I had the right idea that this would be a suprise storm for N IL, and that the LOT forecaster who pulled the trigger 24 hours early with a SWS was thinking along similar lines.

Alek, what did you finish with?

Here's another one. Wtf. Either you guys are improperly measuring or I'm in a screwhole. Are any of you guys clearing your measuring surface more than once per 6 hours?

Another storm spotter in KW reported 20cm around the same time I also reported that amount. Not too sure about Toronto, but some of the regions best known storm chasers have been reporting over 20-23cm in London and Fergus. So, I don't doubt my measurements at least. 

Ya measured about 6.5 inches total here near Queens Park.

Flake size is smallish. Not living up to hype thus far.

000NWUS53 KMKX 081341LSRMKXPRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI741 AM CST FRI FEB 08 2013..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON.....DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....            ..REMARKS..0600 AM     SNOW             MILWAUKEE INTERNATIONAL 42.94N 87.90W02/08/2013  M5.8 INCH        MILWAUKEE          WI   TRAINED SPOTTER            STORM TOTAL0.65" liquid at MKE, MKE at 21.5" for the season.0655 AM     SNOW             2 WSW RACINE            42.72N 87.82W02/08/2013  M8.0 INCH        RACINE             WI   TRAINED SPOTTER            STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL. SNOW DEPTH 10 INCHES.

Somehow the West Racine location had 1.00" of liquid.

No matter what best storm since GHD.

I measure 3 times a hour in 5-7 different places, idk about the other guys. I actually have a area built just for measuring snowfall. Its always accurate because they're aint any drifting possible in that area. 

I believe Pearson is up to 15cm now. It was about 6cm 2-3 hours ago, not including yesterdays 3cm. 

That's fine. Measure as often as you'd like. Just make sure not to clear where you measure more than once/6 hours.

Anyway, another inch here last hour. Over 7" for the storm thus far.

That's fine. Measure as often as you'd like. Just make sure not to clear where you measure more than once/6 hours.

Anyway, another inch here last hour. Over 7" for the storm thus far.

yeah, i make sure my measurements are accurate as possible. 

Thats great, I'm assuming Pearson is around the same amount. 

Should continue snowing for another couple of hours. Enjoy it Canuck, we deserved it lol ;) 

???

We're going to finish in the 8-12" range which is what was forecasted by almost everybody I can think of.

LOL. Complaints in 10"+ events. Love it!

Back end is moving through here. That should a good indication how much longer you have. Probably another 6 hrs. So Widespread 10"+ is likely.  

Archived