• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm Part 2

Hoosier

guys, I didn't expect this. We have a legit shot at 40cm in the Hamilton/Dundas/South Burlington area right at the western tip of the lake.  Measurements from all 3 areas are now between 30-33cm.  And it's still going nuts out there. I just went back out for a measurement and averaged 32cm in 3 spots. Ratios are going up now too as the temps plummet. 

Meteorologist Chris Scott tweeted a high quality report of 22cm in Dundas 15 minutes ago. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just in downtown Hamilton. Whole city...Mountain and Downtown are basically shut down. Cars and buses are stuck. Some buses couldn't make it up the queen street mountain access. Got a ton of shots down there. Will go and measure shortly. I'm gonna estimate close to 25cm now. I was beside Mark Robinson downtown and I over heard him say they measured 24cm while down there. 

Geez, +SN reported at Pearson for the 5th straight hour. i wonder when's the last time that's happened? I know Jan 2-3, 1999 beat that but since?

Lmao Its steadily falling in my area. 

As of 11am 18cm at Pearson, I'm assuming its at 20cm now. Not bad. 25cm looks like a good shot.  

I'm at 25.2cm right now, include yesterdays and I'm at 31cm :D 

Was just in downtown Hamilton. Whole city...Mountain and Downtown are basically shut down. Cars and buses are stuck. Some buses couldn't make it up the queen street mountain access. Got a ton of shots down there. Will go and measure shortly. I'm gonna estimate close to 25cm now. I was beside Mark Robinson downtown and I over heard him say they measured 24cm while down there. 

Ya, Mark is reporting live from my neighbourhood. I live a few blocks from their location. Everything is absolutely shut down. I heard the Farmers Market is even closing at noon. Also hearing measurements closing in on 30cm in Waterloo area. Perhaps these storm watcher measurements are off by a few cm due to all the blowing, but it's certainly the biggest storm in a while. Looks like we'll surpass the GHD storm here. Expect several areas to report 35-40cm by the end of the day.

He just tweeted 21cm

Due at 1:30pm today. 

TWN mentioned on twitter that someone in Burlington measured 30cm on their deck. That seems a little high to be but I guess it's possible.

Man, that happened to me in second year university. It was the February 2001 storm. Essay due despite the storm. I think in situations like that, extentions should be granted. Bear in mind that back then handing in an essay via email was not generally acceptable.

Whoah! Looks like Lake Shore Drive during GHD. You guys are getting a different flavor from this storm. My snow is not going to drift at all!

That is how it's starts a few people stop and then next thing you know more cars are stuck and guess what Lakeshore all over again.

Archived