CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm Part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where can I find data that shows how much snow YHM has received so far? They were at 28cm a while back and it's been snowing hard for a couple hours since then.

Anyway, some photos. These were taken from 1-2pm with around 27-28cm on the ground. We've had more since then.

DSCN9491_zps7363e896.jpg

DSCN9505_zps6783baa3.jpg

DSCN9518_zps9ecdc306.jpg

DSCN9532_zpsc96a6f4a.jpg

DSCN9562_zpsdac1c4d1.jpg

DSCN9569_zpsa96feca6.jpg

Fantastic! Really captures the mood. Is the 4th one on the Mac campus?

Fantastic! Really captures the mood. Is the 4th one on the Mac campus?

Yup. People were pretty psyched about the day off. I think one of my favourite things about snowstorm is seeing everybody outside and walking around on the roads. Kind of a strange sense of community that comes out during these storms.

Still +SN here as well. Maybe another hour or so?

Nice new sig, by the way.

Where can I find data that shows how much snow YHM has received so far? They were at 28cm a while back and it's been snowing hard for a couple hours since then.

Anyway, some photos. These were taken from 1-2pm with around 27-28cm on the ground. We've had more since then.

DSCN9491_zps7363e896.jpg

DSCN9505_zps6783baa3.jpg

DSCN9518_zps9ecdc306.jpg

DSCN9532_zpsc96a6f4a.jpg

DSCN9562_zpsdac1c4d1.jpg

DSCN9569_zpsa96feca6.jpg

awesome pics...thx for sharing

The deck now has an almost even level of 15". Snowfall is rapidly diminishing at this point cant wait to hear storm total measurements I'm completely at a loss how much snow we have at this point.

Pics... there is about a 2-3" drop out the patio door onto the deck. It looks quite uneven near the door because I've been out there in my boots many times. 

post-277-0-84391100-1360358514_thumb.jpg

post-277-0-56462600-1360358525_thumb.jpg

A few pics...snow amount at this time ranged from about 20-26cm depending on the time of the photo taken. Now about 33-35cm. Btw...first pic is of a snowplow struggling up the hill after a car was sliding down. Last pic was of 2 buses stuck on Main Street in Hamilton. Shots were taken with a D7000 and 10-24mm...mostly at super-wide 10mm..

087resize.jpg

094resize.jpg

114resize.jpg127resize.jpg

152resize.jpg

EDIT: A few more. 1st pic below was taken around 750am. 2nd/3rd pics around 1pm I believe.

044-2resize.jpg

160resize.jpg

161resize.jpg

DTX snowmap looks good, and I just realized its the first theyve made since Jan 29th. They tend to leave out the maps when Detroit/Ann Arbor-south gets the most. Not saying all the lake enhanced stuff this week needed a map, but at LEAST Monday when The bottom 4 counties got 3-4". Ive seen them make for events as small as 1-2". The I-94 corridor got 8-12" (perhaps even a bit more in ARB..hm?) of snowfall from Jan 31-Feb 4 and not a single map.

Great pics Toronto folks. Cant say Im not jealous because Im MAJOR jealous, but not a single area of this subforum has gone longer without an 8"+ storm than you, so you deserve it.

Seems about right to me. Looks like DTX was pretty spot on with the snow amounts.

2.9" of snow IMBY, with 0.10" of ice to start. Shoveling was a pain with a thick crust of sleet and ice at the bottom.

Again Toronto YYZ is still the lowest amongst all stations -_- i think we'll end up with 25cm in the end at Pearson. 

But that 30cm in Woodbridge is fairly accurate cause i live in Woodbridge and I have 30cm, haha. 

It's hilarious because they gain only 3cm between 1 and 4pm even though they're reporting +SN with 1/4SM visibility for the duration of that period. That being said, this was a dry snow with some wind. I'm just thankful they didn't come in with 9 cm or something. :lol:

It's hilarious because they gain only 3cm between 1 and 4pm even though they're reporting +SN with 1/4SM visibility for the duration of that period. That being said, this was a dry snow with some wind. I'm just thankful they didn't come in with 9 cm or something. :lol:

Lmaoo truee. EC really needs to check some of their stations esp Hamilton, thats awfully low LOL 

I presume those arent official numbers, offical numbers wont be out till tomorrow, so we'll have to wait and see. 

Snow should stop by 6pm or so. 

11.7" as of 5pm. Just enough snow to the west to put me over the top.

Certainly it ended up on your high end of your 8-11" forecast and thats a first :D

Been waiting a long time for this Canuck. Its about time man :D

I gotta hand it to the Euro and even the GGEM for showing this phased storm when most other models showed a weak overrunning low while the Southern moisture stayed to the south. Euro is superior in some cases compared to other models imo. 

This storm has drifted us away from seeing any record low winter and pushed us ahead of last year, 1952-53 and 2009-10 and closing now on 2006-07. Correct me if i missed something inbetween lol 

11.7" > 11". So it's not the high end, I busted.

And yeah, usually my forecasts are right, so it is a bit unusual.

So approximately 12" or 30cm. Certainly the best storm since Feb/Mar 08. 5 years lol. 

I got 30.6cm today, and its still snowing quite nicely outside so final numbers maybe around 31.6cm + 5.8 cm yesterday, so 37.4cm in total :D 

Archived