• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm Part 2

Hoosier

So, it's about right. 8" so far from this storm. I had about 3" on the ground beforehand as a result of last week's lake effect, so my garden snowstick is measuring 11" accurately as my snowdepth.

I think you have more than 8", unless you're not including the snow that fell yesterday. You had 3" alone at midnight. No way only another 5" fell since. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Farnell is calling for an additional 8" in Toronto!

I'm guessing that's his RPM model.Assuming it's a 12z run, that already includes a fair bit of the snow that's already fallen. I could see another 4" though. I said earlier this morning a foot was the ceiling. Maybe it's more like an average. Diminishing radar returns spooked me like the weenie I am.

Cautious guess right now is that we are between 9-10".

1, There is an almost even layer of 9.5" snow with no drifts on the deck. It was cleared off last night in anticipation of the storm.

2. I possibly took an inaccurate measurement of 8" on the driveway this morning before I shoveled, and new snow down is almost 2.5" attm, which would put us over 10" now. Not entirely sure how accurate this is.

3. After walking around the area at 10am taking measurements on roadways and drives, average depth was about 8.5".

Weenie photo review of the storm here.    Did well despite intervening dry slots, onset virga, and brief periods of slightly above freezing temperatures.  When it was coming down it meant business.  Snowed the hardest it's snowed since the GHD blizzard. 

P2079900_2_zps69f4265d.jpg

snow1_zps64fa1ae1.jpg

snow2_zps98385d79.jpg

snow3_zpsf1148b7a.jpg

snow4_zps9046c0b7.jpg

snow5_zps68432592.jpg

snow6_zps1f1829f7.jpg

About 9" new depth on driveway. Bottom 6.5" is very dense/wet, top 2.5" colder / more fluffy.  13" depth where old snow sits below.  This is enough to make it officially a good winter IMO despite a crappy December and first half of January.

Today I have discovered that there's nothing worse than having to finish a school assignment when there's a snowstorm outside.

I live in a 10th floor apartment so I have no idea how much we have in Hamilton. As soon as I finish this goddamn essay I'm jumping out the window and taking some pictures. Excruciating not being able to be outside right now.

Sounds like the greater Toronto area is doing really good!

Looks like you guys are getting 20:1 snow about.

A couple more pics from here. Will have to show you guys what the snow banks look like after shoveling and plowing is done!

Today I have discovered that there's nothing worse than having to finish a school assignment when there's a snowstorm outside.

I live in a 10th floor apartment so I have no idea how much we have in Hamilton. As soon as I finish this goddamn essay I'm jumping out the window and taking some pictures. Excruciating not being able to be outside right now.

essay due on a weekend?

Sounds like the greater Toronto area is doing really good!

Looks like you guys are getting 20:1 snow about.

A couple more pics from here. Will have to show you guys what the snow banks look like after shoveling and plowing is done!

attachicon.gifDSCN1467.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN1468.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN1469.JPG

Not quite 20:1 but a dry type powder. Nothing like those pics though. Snow's blowing right off the tree limbs.

guys, I didn't expect this. We have a legit shot at 40cm in the Hamilton/Dundas/South Burlington area right at the western tip of the lake.  Measurements from all 3 areas are now between 30-33cm.  And it's still going nuts out there. I just went back out for a measurement and averaged 32cm in 3 spots. Ratios are going up now too as the temps plummet. 

guys, I didn't expect this. We have a legit shot at 40cm in the Hamilton/Dundas/South Burlington area right at the western tip of the lake.  Measurements from all 3 areas are now between 30-33cm.  And it's still going nuts out there. I just went back out for a measurement and averaged 32cm in 3 spots. Ratios are going up now too as the temps plummet. 

Unless your up on the mountain, those measurements are contaminated.

Archived