joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Should have a plan in place just in case. This ain't your average everyday noreaster.

Folks have no idea what this is going to be like. It's possible the storm of some folks lifetime depending on locale. Scooter obviously knows..but there' s some people that will be powerless for a week or more..and with no mild up in sight and another big storm later next week. a world of hurt is coming to those souls

Dude--it's not just northern CT that's close.  I'm the last school district before Jacksonville, VT and we're closed tomorrow.

My p/c has an overnight accum of 1-2 with 3-5 ttomorrow.

ya mike you and other western folks (esp in north central NYS and W Vt  are def getting better qpf/ moisture from the N stream system ahead of others. It shows up notably on 18z gfs at on 12z qpf prog

WCVB has hour-by-hour forecast based on RPM so you can see these exact values mapped:

attachicon.gifWCVB_02_07_2013_6pm.png

That's surprisingly low in CT (relatively speaking) but man this is an eastern MA special.  That snowfall plus the winds associated with being near the coast.  This is the one storm where being on the coastal plain is the spot to be, lol.  These don't come along too often!

Archived