• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

Just got an email from Stamford Public Schools, they are monitoring the situation and will update before 6:00 AM tomorrow.

Since they took the time to send out an email, I would be shocked if school is not cancelled tomorrow.

-skisheep

Greenwich schools are open tomorrow, but will have an early dismissal.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude--it's not just northern CT that's close.  I'm the last school district before Jacksonville, VT and we're closed tomorrow.

My p/c has an overnight accum of 1-2 with 3-5 ttomorrow.

Awesome Mike! Hopefully the kids have an early dismissal here, roads should be fine here with temps around freezing and the heavy stuff waiting until later.  We have lost so many due to Sandy.

Suprised at that call, they must not want to use another snow day unless absolutley necessary. Still would not be suprised to see it go to a snow day overnight though.

-skisheep

School starts at 7:30 and they'll be out at 11:30 or 12:30 depending on the school. Well before any real snow accumulation. Buses can go through an inch or two of snow.

You guys remember Gary Gray? His map and write up from FB

404554_10151292829912469_1990378854_n.jp
Storm to track a little further west & stronger. Considerably more snow into NYC and Long Island. Some snow even down to Philly. New England still looks to get hammered. Worst of it still looks like it'll be tomorrow night thru Saturday morning (a little later into eastern New England).

You guys remember Gary Gray? His map and write up from FB

Storm to track a little further west & stronger. Considerably more snow into NYC and Long Island. Some snow even down to Philly. New England still looks to get hammered. Worst of it still looks like it'll be tomorrow night thru Saturday morning (a little later into eastern New England).

Wow I remember him and the maps ! I didn't think he was forecasting still

The fetish between some folks over subsidence zones and downsloping is very weenish. Jackpots and relative screw zones can happen anywhere. Who cares.

The first person to complain about *only* getting 18" or something should be banned, lol.

And yes, the jackpot fetish is going to be in full swing over the next 36 hours... but as someone looking in from the outside, I can't wait to start hearing the complaints from someone (you know it happens every storm, no matter how big) that only got 20" while their neighbor got 30".

Yea a couple inches on flat roads is much different then a couple inches on some of the hills around here.

Back country Greenwich has hills just under 500 ft, its a very hilly place lol considering its just a few miles from the sound.

The reason coastal sw ct is waiting is purely based on the fact we lost so many days to Sandy...........its that simple.  

The first person to complain about *only* getting 18" or something should be banned, lol.

And yes, the jackpot fetish is going to be in full swing over the next 36 hours... but as someone looking in from the outside, I can't wait to start hearing the complaints from someone (you know it happens every storm, no matter how big) that only got 20" while their neighbor got 30".

LOL if anyone complained about 18".  What's complaint worthy would be 6-8" if ORH and GC pulled 2 feet, which has happened. 

edit- but I'm on record as not overly worried about the shadow for this one.

Archived