joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Around here there have been some issues with buses in the snow and our hills so with something like this forcast they don't even mess around.

Ok, just weird looking at starting times for the real snow seems like its pretty late? Heck the good stuff down here is not even until much later in the day............coastal sw ct towns may try and sneak in an early dismissal, we lost so many days to the Hurricane, they have one more day before they take away days in April break after already doing away with Presidents week vacation here.

Boston schools are closed too, figure it's to keep as much traffic off the roads as possible, IMO good idea even though it probably won't start ramping up until early afternoon.

I agree.  The last thing we need are school buses with their flashing red lights clogging up roads tomorrow afternoon.  

Ok, just weird looking at starting times for the real snow seems like its pretty late? Heck the good stuff down here is not even until much later in the day............coastal sw ct towns may try and sneak in an early dismissal, we lost so many days to the Hurricane, they have one more day before they take away days in April break after already doing away with Presidents week vacation here.

Just got an email from Stamford Public Schools, they are monitoring the situation and will update before 6:00 AM tomorrow.

Since they took the time to send out an email, I would be shocked if school is not cancelled tomorrow.

-skisheep

WRT timing, not that they are great, but the 18z hrrr has 1.50-1.75 of the precip for Bos and immediate North suburbs falling by 1am saturday (6z) , it has it really ramping up starting at 8pm (S of bos) 9pm (N of Bos) in mass.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/NAMSFC4_18z/rad31.html

At what time is the low expected to be sitting over (close to) the benchmark?

Here we go.  1st call.  Highest confidence forecasts are in italics, lowest are underlined

Cape Cod, Islands, Block Island: 10-15
Cape Cod Canal N and W to Boston and Metro West region, PVD, ORH, I395: 24-30", locally more
In between I91 and I395: 18-24
West of I91 to the Hartford/Litchfield County Line: 15-20"
Hartford/Litchfield County Line West to Route 7, 20-30" locally higher.

Average Accumulations by County (CT only):
Fairfield: 20"
Litchfield: 24"
New Haven: 19"
Hartford: 18"
Tolland: 21"
Middlesex: 20"
Windham: 24"
New London: 22"

Archived