wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Upton and Taunton discussions very well done, both worth a read if you haven't read them yet...

-skisheep

Great reads....

My wife just texted.........."am I a weather widow tonight?"  

Time to sit back and watch a great movie, get some sleep and awake to heaven on earth, good luck and enjoy NEMO

BTV WRF almost has a Boxing Day look with a heavy slug of precip near the coast, then a deformation band from hell coupled with strong easterly upslope winds into the east slopes of the Berkshires up towards Dendrites area.  We've seen that show before plenty of times lately, lol.

Don't you guys always joke that a certain mountain top in CT gets 14 inches during all the big storms? BTV WRF must've factored that in, too.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

is very boxing day like in that graphic (Cept a bit more for ema, N of bos :) ) , i posted that with the 18z HRRR which is very similiar WRT banding signal,  but it gives central and east mass all 2+ (more EMA/cape)

The 12km BTV is more gfs like with qpf distribution

BTV WRF almost has a Boxing Day look with a heavy slug of precip near the coast, then a deformation band from hell coupled with strong easterly upslope winds into the east slopes of the Berkshires up towards Dendrites area. We've seen that show before plenty of times lately, lol.

Don't you guys always joke that a certain mountain top in CT gets 14 inches during all the big storms? BTV WRF must've factored that in, too.

Untitled.jpg

Thats like 30-40" imby, what the hell?

I think we should either:

1)  change the name of this thread to something more indicative of the threat - other than "potential", alone, that includes something like "Historic/Dangerous/Destructive Blizzard of 2013 appears imminent"

or

2)  start a new thread with that title.    

I think number 2 is best considering this is nearing 50 pages...   Who's with me? 

1)  change the name of this thread to something more indicative of the threat - other than "potential", alone, that includes something like "Historic/Dangerous/Destructive Blizzard of 2013 appears imminent"

or

I think number 2 is best considering this is nearing 50 pages...   Who's with me? 

I'm with #1, mostly because this thread will die tomorrow as everyone will be in the obs thread.. but either way works.

BTV WRF almost has a Boxing Day look with a heavy slug of precip near the coast, then a deformation band from hell coupled with strong easterly upslope winds into the east slopes of the Berkshires up towards Dendrites area.  We've seen that show before plenty of times lately, lol.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

I don't like that look.....dangerously close to a 1.5" skunk-job...

or

New thread seems like the way to go.

Dryslot, would you like the honor, since your juju has brought us to where we are?

Gov. Patrick saying worst of storm coming at 2pm.... that seems a little early, no? I was thinking 5-6pm is when it started to ramp up, intensifying in the overnight.

More like 2am.

Ray, it all depends where the mid level lows are. We also will have tremendous banding tomorrow night. I also like a strong low/mid level fronto band over ern/se ma.

Archived