Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

Never fails....deformation is always over GC and Dendrite lol

They will probably jackpot.....that hasn't happened before

I know its hard to not have the jackpot fetish, but you're fine dude.  Of course someone is going to get subsidence when the strength of banding progged, but worst case scenario is still over a foot of snow.  Hard to be down about that when we couldn't buy a flake of snow a week ago.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys expecting the upslope machine to turn on up there as a result of this?

-skisheep

Not really in this instance... the low escapes too far east and we end of advecting dry air in from that high on NW flow.  Synoptically we'd want the mid/low level low centers much further north in either Maine or the adjacent Maritimes.

BTV WRF almost has a Boxing Day look with a heavy slug of precip near the coast, then a deformation band from hell coupled with strong easterly upslope winds into the east slopes of the Berkshires up towards Dendrites area.  We've seen that show before plenty of times lately, lol.

Don't you guys always joke that a certain mountain top in CT gets 14 inches during all the big storms? BTV WRF must've factored that in, too.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

oh please oh please oh please.

More like 2am.

Ray, it all depends where the mid level lows are. We also will have tremendous banding tomorrow night. I also like a strong low/mid level fronto band over ern/se ma.

So if I am getting this right....

We have the banding associated with the coastal front.  Then we have the banding associated with the mid level lows.  Then we have the deformation bands.  Is that right?  I'd like a serving of all 3.

As we near this event I would like to thank all for their model analysis, banter and hype for this event, it has been fun and informative!

Amen, reading all your analysis and opinions has allowed me to learn so much more about this wonderful world we call weather, and i cannot express enough how grateful I am that you all post your thoughts and patiently answer questions from the uninformed.

-skisheep

Archived