• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

Back country Greenwich has hills just under 500 ft, its a very hilly place lol considering its just a few miles from the sound.

The reason coastal sw ct is waiting is purely based on the fact we lost so many days to Sandy...........its that simple.  

Same reason NYC hasn't canceled yet. We've already lost most of February break so they don't want to call another day.

I really don't want to be stuck driving home at 3pm tomorrow, however, even though I think the worst waits till after 5pm.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're reached Nirvana when 19" is considered a screw zone.  That's very funny.  Wet is the new dry.

18 to 20 is awesome if it verifies...i am worried about slicing a quater to a third off the qpf forecasted due to ds and in that case those amounts wont come close to verifying..

the weenie in me hopes for two foot plus but i know where i live and i am not delusional. its not impossible but it is very unlikely here.

its ok to want to live through tssn and three to five inch snowfall rates like the folks occasionally get just a bit east of here. i can do without all that wind though lol..that is annoying in big snowstorms.

i am basing all this on 10 to 1 ratios and some damage to the snow from the winds

Back country Greenwich has hills just under 500 ft, its a very hilly place lol considering its just a few miles from the sound.

The reason coastal sw ct is waiting is purely based on the fact we lost so many days to Sandy...........its that simple.  

According to Ryan's station, snow isn't starting in Conn. until between 9 and 12. Unless it comes in early that's plenty of time to get a half day of school and work in for those that truly want to.

My call is pretty much 15"-25" statewide. I could see some weenie totals down near HVN even. 

Did you really use my pic on air? if so, if you get a chance over the next couple weeks and can find a clip please send it to me, just let me know i can give you my email.

Deform band city somewhere in western ct............but who gets the goods>?

No they can't. Lawsuit city son

Sadly he's right.

Greenwich only school in the state that has said they are going with early close, 60ish schools closed across the state, no word from stamford yet.(Although the large private school in the city is closed(KING for the locals.))

-skisheep

18 to 20 is awesome if it verifies...i am worried about slicing a quater to a third off the qpf forecasted due to ds and in that case those amounts wont come close to verifying..

the weenie in me hopes for two foot plus but i know where i live and i am not delusional. its not impossible but it is very unlikely here.

its ok to want to live through tssn and three to five inch snowfall rates like the folks occasionally get just a bit east of here. i can do without all that wind though lol..that is annoying in big snowstorms.

GFS aside consensus has us at 2" QPF roughly, with probably 12-1 or better ratios.  So I fully expect a quarter to a third shaved off, which still puts us at 16-18"... right in line with 1/12 and a big time win for this area.  

You seem to lose power easily. A deer farts and it's lights out in your region :snowing:

Man, when I lived in Maine, that's how it would be all the time.  I'd call from work trips and my wife and infant daughter were sleeping in the living room (wood stove) when the power would go out in the winter.  I'd be stuck in some crappy Hampton Inn watching Showtime not able to do anything.

Pretty much all the forecast maps (not the model maps) are showing essentially the same idea with very little variaiton in amounts.  Perhaps some minor tweaks for a few from the 00z suite, but I think we're good with what we have in front of us.

According to Ryan's station, snow isn't starting in Conn. until between 9 and 12. Unless it comes in early that's plenty of time to get a half day of school and work in for those that truly want to.

I'd say school closings are probably the way to go tomorrow. High impact storm moving in with a lot of people on the roads early. Some light snow prior to 9 or 10 then it gets steadiers and heavier. 

Some place will see 40"+ , I will put money on it! I'm also willing to bet this will be Bostons #1 storm after all said and done. Some places with hurricane force winds will see drifts 6'+ . With no solid warmup and another possible big nor easter in a week, if someone experiences any long term poweroutages, I fear it be alot worse than what is expected.

I'd say school closings are probably the way to go tomorrow. High impact storm moving in with a lot of people on the roads early. Some light snow prior to 9 or 10 then it gets steadiers and heavier. 

Agreed, and how many snow days/hurricane days have happened already should be irrellevant to the decision, they close school because it is dangerous to travel, and the number of days already closed has no impact on the travel danger whatsoever.

-skisheep

Archived