• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Potential Significant Coastal Storm

dryslot

Two issues which are one coastal involvement and two northern stream system. Sounds like we both agree that the coastal is likely going to be predominantly a miss when we look at the region as a whole. But the northern system should lay down a respectable blanket of white.

I may be totally wrong on the coastal but I see it se of the BM in this pattern....18z gfs 12z ggem compromise

Is it true that the seasonal tendency has been to over-estimate strength of northern stream systems?

I remember that 12/30/12 was clearly an underestimated northern stream system and failed digging correctly, and so the more amplified/closer to coast solution unfolded even within 24hrs.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Till the Euro (if) holds serve just use the tools and keep realistic. Have seen the high end potentail. So reality dictates something 1/2 of outrageous 3-4" QPF totals. As is expect the biggest storm in two years that to itself is weenie heaven. Adrenaline kicked in today for the first time in a very long time.  

I remember 2 or 3 days before the big ice storm, seeing the NAM printing out 2" of accretion potential, and my buddy and I were going, no way...

It's always reasonable to deem unprecedented solutions illogical outliers and nothing more. The 00z suite would have to look like the 12z Euro from today for the likes of such an event to realistically be on the table. Otherwise... something less is simply more reasonable and likely.

It's always reasonable to deem unprecedented solutions illogical outliers and nothing more. The 00z suite would have to look like the 12z Euro from today for the likes of such an event to realistically be on the table. Otherwise... something less is simply more reasonable and likely.

October 2011 was looking illogical and unrealistic for a while...just saying

I should set my alarm for the Euro

Not out far enough yet...this is in terms of 500mb vorticity (essentially spin in the atmosphere). The slower the northern stream, the better chance it phases with the southern stream, as opposed to scooting out ahead and not phasing.

Northern s/w is more robust then 18z, This should be a better run then 18z

Archived