• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 8th-9th Do We Finally Get A Coastal?

dryslot

Doesn't the 18z gfs now match up pretty close to the 12z op ggem and the 12z euro ensemble mean? Not trying to poo poo on everyone's 30" blizzard dreams.

Euro pulled this at the same range on December 19 2010.  Showed 1-2" liquid from Virgina to cape Cod with little support from other models. 

Sure enough it backed down the next run.    There just isn't enough time in this pattern to get widespread 20" amounts.

I am calling flop on this storm 3-6" cape and interior with a sloppy 1" along the CT coast and NYC.  Admittedly I have no proof, just a lot of balls and a very progressive flow where things need to be perfect to get a hecs.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro pulled this at the same range on December 19 2010. Showed 1-2" liquid from Virgina to cape Cod with little support from other models.

Sure enough it backed down the next run. There just isn't enough time in this pattern to get widespread 20" amounts.

I am calling flop on this storm 3-6" cape and interior with a sloppy 1" along the CT coast and NYC. Admittedly I have no proof, just a lot of balls and a very progressive flow where things need to be perfect to get a hecs.

Good luck

Euro pulled this at the same range on December 19 2010.  Showed 1-2" liquid from Virgina to cape Cod with little support from other models. 

Sure enough it backed down the next run.    There just isn't enough time in this pattern to get widespread 20" amounts.

I am calling flop on this storm 3-6" cape and interior with a sloppy 1" along the CT coast and NYC.  Admittedly I have no proof, just a lot of balls and a very progressive flow where things need to be perfect to get a hecs.

Even if the 3+" depiction is a flop, the fact is, its been showing 1+" for the last, what is it... 6 runs now?  Do you not trust those runs either?  

I can't see that maps cors on my phone. Lots if moisture I hope??? Salesteam reception and dinner tonight ftl. Tough to sneak Erika at models.

iPhone using Safari? Click and hold on the photo. Select copy. Open a new tab and paste the URL into the address bar. Then you should be able to zoom in.

Umm that's not what I am suggesting as the 18gfs is still a solid hit for many, just not an epic blizzard.

More than 2?

That's a solid warning snow of 6-10" for all...not sure why everyone keeps seeing it as a "bad run."

You already know there are going to be folks disappointed on Friday if they "only" get 8.5" of snow, lol. All over one ECM run. Every other ECM run had half the QPF as 12z.

Well we tried to tell people not to expect the KU solutuon yet, but we know that many will not listen to a word of that and will start yelling bust every single model run from here on out that doesn't show over 18" of snow.

Joke's on them if they react like that.

A reasonable expectation from this is 1-2 inches of melted qpf. The 3-4 inch amounts are amped up and wild..If you plan on 1-2 melted you will be happy and in the ballpark. Don;t plan on 2-3 feet..just plan on around a foot and then adjust

it's too early to mention any amount

Looking at the modeled differences for 00z Wednesday, the 12z GFS is best represented for its 12 hour forecast, better then the 18z GFS and 18z NAM runs and the 00z EURO seemed right in line with current guidance and water vapor imagery, corrections will be made on the 00z GFS and 00z NAM runs.  With most notable between the 18z runs and 00z runs.  GFS is coming back west in line with the 12z EURO.

i think people need to NOT let Blizz effect there expecations. 1 foot plus  is a ridiculous level to start IMO. Esp W SNE.  This low has a 50/50 shot of being weaker/ east according to the HPC or NCEP disco and i think people would be wise to start with 3-6 and then adjust from there IF IF euro and euro ens can print out 1.00 QPF for next couple cycles, i think this may trickle east/SE (or at least that is the concern) and most are left with advisory or moderate storm.

Archived