• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Do We Finally Get A Coastal?

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TWC is posting a graphic showing the euro with 24+ over E MA every 15 minutes, I'm not sure they realize the general public often buys into this more than they should.

Of course they do, and that is what they are after - ruining their credibility to garner massive ratings now to make a quick killing...  They also know that people have a short memory, so why not be irresponsible ... because then the next big storm, there will be plenty of ears all over again.   

Pedestrian event.

In a winter like this?   count their lucky stars and move on - lord.

7" regionally would, relative to the season, be epic.    

Buuuut, I guess it's human nature to be greedy and forget one's current plight in lieu of mere plausibility of being strapped to a donut stuffing machine -

In a winter like this? count their lucky stars and move on - lord.

7" regionally would, relative to the season, but epic.

Buuuut, I guess it's human nature to be greedy forget one's current plight in lieu of mere plausibility of being strapped to a donut stuffing machine -

Oh yeah that would be great no disagreeing here. But the more I look at this, the more I'm sort of questioning it...especially the insane 18"+ values. Not impossible, but these exotic 12 solutions are questionable.

Oh yeah that would be great no disagreeing here. But the more I look at this, the more I'm sort of questioning it...especially the insane 18"+ values. Not impossible, but these exotic 12 solutions are questionable.

Oh jesus no kidding - I don't see 18+ for anyone with such a progressive pattern - again, we've been talking about it slowing down.  

That ABSOLUTELY has to happen if there is to be the 18" deal.   Not impossible, no, but the Euro is pushing the climate envelope with totals reserved for your 1997, and 1978's, while moving the storm at ludicrous speed.  

Not going to happen that way folks.    The upper bounds of snow accumulations in virtually every case, the system was stalled and maximizing in ideal locations.   This thing is iffy phased in time and passing Nova Scotia ten minutes later, even in the Euro.  I have a problem with that.     

I suppose there is a first time for everything...   Dec 23 1997 I received 15.5" of snow in 5 hours in Acton Mass, and one, one hourly increment was 7"!    Dec 11 2005 I had 5.5" in one hour, same location, 14" total.   Both systems were progressive.   

While we wait for first of 0z suites...

Someone mentioned TWC... I can't believe they're already honking this with these kind of maps... as some Mets do, nice to hide behind a model forecast rather than putting out one's own forecast:

Throwing a bone to us Eastern MA folk:

Actually not a bad simplification of the phase:

And then the maps:

Archived