Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - February 2013

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-SN - at least the NYC forum remains a :lol: to read. The forecast thread there is HECLOLS

I think its mainly the northern Jersey folks haha. The "back" edge has stabilized and has pushed back west a bit keeping NYC proper in the decent stuff. Looks like some nice stuff as well down I-81 from BGM to your home turf in WB/Scranton in the now stalling "real" back edge of precip. The bit of an east shift at the last minute hurt our region. Really a near miss for what we were supposed to get. It just shows how much a fine line there was for folks like us and also the Philly thread.  But man that hole in New Jersey would suck. It'll probably build back in eventually but totals are def gonna be hurt there. 

They said 20,000 without power in RI already.

KCQX 090033Z AUTO 05026G41KT 1 1/4SM -SN BR

BKN005 OVC009 01/01 A2958 RMK AO2 PK WND

05053/0012 PRESFR P0007 $

KACK 090019Z 05030G48KT 2 1/2SM RA BR

BKN009 OVC014 03/02 A2945 RMK AO2 PK WND

05051/0006 PRESFR P0005

getting a little breezy up there... 53 knots = 60 mph gust

Wind is non-existent here as it is dead calm. We did pick up 5.25" as of 10:30PM and it's still snowing lightly, but steady at the moment. I think it's going to shut down soon so I'm guessing no more than a quarter inch more at best. Still, around 3:00PM, I was ready to throw in the towel as things looked a bit bleak with the main precip from the coastal pulling away to the east, and the leftover snow from the west looking meager at best.

Everyone needs to take a look at the 0Z GFS tonight. V-day looking promising and at like 192 hours woah!!!! Could be a nice stretch for us coming here.

I know nothing will probably ever match March of 1993 but this looks similar to the setup coming out of the gulf. At this point I would take half of that storm. We need the other models to come around.

Everyone needs to take a look at the 0Z GFS tonight. V-day looking promising and at like 192 hours woah!!!! Could be a nice stretch for us coming here.

MDT QPF is 1.30 for a 12 hour period around that time frame... about 1.57" overall after ~.70" for VD... would be lovely... just want to get to use my snow-blower more than once this winter lol

Just WOW on both this storm up in NYC/LI/New England and the GFS forecast for our area later next week and weekend.

Spoke to wx friend in Bergen County who said he was having 2"+/hr rates.  Had 6.6" at 11pm so he's probably up to 9" now with another 6" likely which gets him up to 15".  NYC should get over a foot.  But, Long Island is where the unbelievable action has been.  Reports of 5"/hr rates with a foot of snow in less than 3 hours!  I've never seen anything like that ever.  He thinks parts of LI will get over 40" of snow by morning, maybe even beating Boston.  Watch for reports from LI.

As for us, the late 13th/early V-Day storm drops 6 to 10" on all of us with over a foot down in DC.  Then, that's followed up 3 days later (17th) with our big kahuna of 18"+ and then continued very cold afterwards.  So much to look forward to in the next few weeks.

BTW, Zach has been broadcasting from Torrington, CT with some incredible blizzard conditions of heavy, blowing snow.  Check it out on his facebook page, Hazardous Weather Predictions.

Finally, I got a whopping coating here from our 1-hour burst between 3:30 and 4:30 this afternoon.  Whoopeeeeeee!

Archived