Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - February 2013

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for my post, just frustrated. Had very light sprinkles this morning from this thing that was it. Next to nothing. Now temp is 37 degrees not going to cut it for backend snow, that has yet to show up

Look at it this way, at least your not in say Philly or the parts who are really going to bust hard. 

Poor bastards. 

Hey stupid question...I was just in the locker room of Rec Hall here at PSU at around 1:15 and I heard a guy talking on the phone about how no way would New England get more than a foot and talked about GFS/NAM etc. Was that any of you, lol? 

the thought of discussing measurements in PSU locker rooms makes me cringe.

F you sandusky

Look at it this way, at least your not in say Philly or the parts who are really going to bust hard. 

Poor bastards. 

Yea that SW quadrant works out sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. What really hurt us from the getgo with this whole ordeal is the northern branch system being too far north. A more amplified pattern could've dropped that further down and instead of the snow shield crossing michigan it could've been crossing us like these type of events usually do. This storm is going to blow up and focus on where it was supposed to throttle all along..SNE. New York city should still do OK as well... not 30 but probably a good warning event. Still think Zak should've set up in ORH or one of the Boston suburbs if he wanted to see a ridiculous 30"+ amount. 

Mag you suppose to get some LES tonight? So much for the wrap around.

Pressure is down to 986

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=16&parm=pmsl&underlay=1

Yea once the storm winds up and flow shifts wnw me and Jamie might see some weenie snow off the mountains via some upslope. Actually already signs of it reblossoming a bit on CCX radar to the west. 

the thought of discussing measurements in PSU locker rooms makes me cringe.

F you sandusky

Heh. BTW you can't get into Rec Hall anymore to shoot hoops unless you have a PSU ID. Way to solve the wrong problem. 

Yea that SW quadrant works out sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. What really hurt us from the getgo with this whole ordeal is the northern branch system being too far north. A more amplified pattern could've dropped that further down and instead of the snow shield crossing michigan it could've been crossing us like these type of events usually do. This storm is going to blow up and focus on where it was supposed to throttle all along..SNE. New York city should still do OK as well... not 30 but probably a good warning event. Still think Zak should've set up in ORH or one of the Boston suburbs if he wanted to see a ridiculous 30"+ amount. 

Yea once the storm winds up and flow shifts wnw me and Jamie might see some weenie snow off the mountains via some upslope. Actually already signs of it reblossoming a bit on CCX radar to the west. 

I saw that reblossoming and wondered if was anything of interest. 

The funniest part is the mountains will end up with more snow than UNV and AOO. The polar opposite of what models were saying. What are your thoughts for the ice potential?

Heh. BTW you can't get into Rec Hall anymore to shoot hoops unless you have a PSU ID. Way to solve the wrong problem. 

I saw that reblossoming and wondered if was anything of interest. 

Yea I think it'll at least restart our snow for awhile and help try to prolong the shield in the northeast. Our best forcing is passing us by though with that heavy snow area. We'll see how it goes.. I hope we get something cuz I think I mighta ended up with a half inch tops with that snow area that pushed thru. Also getting late in the day so snow might lay a little bit better as temps eventually start falling. The marginal temps with the marginally higher sun angle made it a pretty sloppy snow thats already melting off the cars.

Mag, I've got a close friend and an older sister up Brooklyn way...thoughts for them?

I think after some initial mixing here and there NYC should be mostly snow. Seems like they're already snow/sleet looking at the obs thread. The Upton snow forecast of generally a foot or so around the city looks pretty good I think. 

Archived