Central PA - February 2013

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a few cam links i got from the new england forum

http://www.lowellsun.com/live

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bigblockdan

Big Block Dan.....I love that. 

That should become a meme when we are talking about blocking. As in "the models aren't showing Big Block Dan but there's some blockiness."

Holy crap its snowing hard again. 

Great. I told everyone the snow is mostly over. 

Great. I told everyone the snow is mostly over. 

Intensity is pretty volatile, I'll look out the window one minute and its light and another minute i'll look out and its coming down really hard. Radar is looking half decent. I don't think this gets much past the AOO-UNV line underneath I-80. Along the I-80 corridor though as I said earlier it might bolster the precip shield a bit. CTP did mention in disco they'd be keeping an eye on northern half of area. 

WILL ALSO HAVE TO WATCH SNOWBANDS IN THE STRONG CAA ARRIVING FROM LAKE ERIE AS THEY CROSS THE NORTHERN HALF OF CENTRAL PA THIS EVENING.

post-1507-0-15005500-1360357503_thumb.pn

Snowing moderately, should I not go to the store tonight? I can't view radar at work very well right now and don't want my wife to get stuck in a few inches of snow when it's not really necessary. An inch is fine, just not 2-3".

Radar looks like it's about over for HBG, at least the main "event".

Definitely got a good coating maybe 1/2" during that burst imby.  Looks like maybe some decent bands revving up on radar heading our way...

Yeah I'd say about that much, a little more on top of old snow and less on soggy ground. The snow to the west may finally make it here, so with the sun down we might verify CTP's call of 1-2" lol.

Eh may as well have been zero...it quickly melted.

Yeah it did, even here. Snowing right now though, redusting.

I'll take that 18z GFS... has both the V-day storm immediately followed by a big coastal around Presidents day. Both Euro and GFS have been showing a major amplification in the pattern in that P-day timeframe. 

Yeah, very nice. That looked fantastic.

On that note MAG...ECM is OTS and GFS seems to want to bullseye NYC/BOS again (Though not exactly with insane amounts)...any hope for our area?

Well the 18z GFS delivered a nice event from the I-80 corridor south and especially to our folks that are hurting the most this winter snowwise (as well as a big event for the Mid-Atl/DC gang. In terms of hope? Definitely.. that's more of a favorable setup. It's a single wave rolling up from the Gulf states with no northern branch wave to phase and all that happy stuff. Pretty much will be like the southern branch portion was with this current storm with the big slug of moisture coming from the south. The question of course being how far NW we can get it. 

What those models are doing after that in the P-day timeframe has my attention in terms of the overall pattern. Big ridge out west with energy diving straight down out of Canada and a southern jet. It just has that look of something big.. but we're getting way out there for right now. Could be a period to watch. I think between these two potential threats though we end up with one of them coming to fruition. There looks to be chances at least. 

Archived