Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2013

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like up slope snow, probably won't make it east of the I-99 corridor.

CTP mentioned it last night:

FARTHER WEST...A MORE COMPACT AREA OF SNOWFALL ASSOCIATED WITH YET ANOTHER UPPER TROF HAS PROGRESSED INTO THE LAUREL HIGHLANDS THIS EVENING. CURRENTLY KLBE IS DOWN TO 1/2SM IN MODERATE SNOW AND EXPECT SOME 1 TO LOCALLY 2 INCH ACCUMS OVER THE LAUREL HIGHLANDS BEFORE THE SNOW REACHES THE CENTRAL MOUNTAINS AND DEPOSITS GENERALLY LESS THAN ONE INCH.

I def like the look next week. This Tuesday system does look to bring a mix of precipitation to the commonwealth with perhaps more of a snow event to the north central. I'm also watching that system that has been a constant fixture on both the Euro/GFS later next week as it has the look of perhaps being a pretty widespread winter storm. One of those classic bowling ball type tracks straight across the country. The key will be keeping the low.. low enough latitude wise to get us snow in PA. Forecasted development of a meaningful -NAO (finally) as well as a high to the north of that system looks to support that cause. The 12z Euro had a quick turnaround wacking us with decent southern stream storm toward the end of it's range and looked to have another one developing right on its heels. As always, lots of time yet.. but regardless of the finer details it looks quite active next week. 

Temps don't look to bad on the Sref, GFS  and precip on the Nam isn't to bad for Tues. At 72 on GFS temps do look warm.

I grew up in the Hellam hills, watched them put up the fox43 tower when in High School. . My buddies climbed it before they put a fence around it. I only made it to the tree tops. It looked cool when it snowed with the white stobe on the top.

Yeah, out there with WSBA (43's old call letters).

I grew up in York next to Kiwanis Lake and around the corner from Jim and Nena's Parkway Blvd location, if anyone knows where that is.

Archived