Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA - February 2013

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What NAM data are you looking at?  My 12Z data doesn't even show 0.1" of liquid for anywhere in southern pa.

GFS maybe around 0.25" max.

This is another non-event.  Looks like we have to wait about a week to get to the next potential true threat around the 22nd.

BTW, I'm already up to 48 degrees and climbing.  Looks like the euro's call earlier in the week for 50's for today is going to pan out.

What NAM data are you looking at?  My 12Z data doesn't even show 0.1" of liquid for anywhere in southern pa.

This is another non-event.  Looks like we have to wait about a week to get to the next potential true threat around the 22nd.

12z NAM has .2" or greater for MDT,LNS, and THV but temps from 925mb to the surface are above 32F

BTW, I'm already up to 48 degrees and climbing.  Looks like the euro's call earlier in the week for 50's for today is going to pan out.

A forecaster friend of mine from Mt.Holly WFO always said that when you go against EURO torch in winter you will lose nine times out of ten.

The precip will likely fall as snow for the york/lancaster area but too much warm air advection and surface heating with full sunshine today ahead of the leading edge of the trough that when this arrives near sunset there will be too great of a temperature difference at the surface to 32F to overcome for accumulations... Should be big fluffy flakes much like the other day (probably for everyone but canderson and wmsptwx since winter hates them) but we needed clouds to move in around sunrise to limit surface heating like we had the other day.

The precip will likely fall as snow for the york/lancaster area but too much warm air advection and surface heating with full sunshine today ahead of the leading edge of the trough that when this arrives near sunset there will be too great of a temperature difference at the surface to 32F to overcome for accumulations... Should be big fluffy flakes much like the other day (probably for everyone but canderson and wmsptwx since winter hates them) but we needed clouds to move in around sunrise to limit surface heating like we had the other day.

Sounds like a repeat of Wednesday to me!

Happy our drive up and back to NYC won't intercept any snow. :)

I'm done with winter. Bring on baseball.

I'm in for spring.  Been hitting golf balls in the backyard and they all have dirt turds stuck on after landing.  Ah, the joys of early season sports but still chomping at the bit.   

I'm in for spring.  Been hitting golf balls in the backyard and they all have dirt turds stuck on after landing.  Ah, the joys of early season sports but still chomping at the bit.   

I've learned not to even think about spring until well into March for around here. Even last year, after a torch of March torches, I still got this (note date):

2daysnowfall.png

showers in williamsport 47 out. nws upped our highs for tuesday event to mid 40s.

NWS site has 39 for you with rain and snow showers. Bet it was one of those weird cases where CTP has the wrong forecast for about five minutes then updates again. I've seen it before.  39 is about right given how it's showing on models now. That's the warmest it has for you.

Archived