Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA - February 2013

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started snowing huge flakes here around 5pm... never had any rain... but everything melting as soon as it hit surface until about 8:45-9pm... currently at .2" which sadly beats our "Nemo" total... no accumulation on sidewalk/driveway/road... already melting off car/roof... just deck and grass lightly covered... have not checked rain guage yet to measure liquid... will do so in morning...

I'm sorry it's all gone. Everybody deserves a foot of snow. When storms bust I don't get upset. I am happy for those who get snow. I am from the Johnstown area so we always gt some form of snow, until about April or May. I had no intention of sounding bitter. I only quoted Nemo due to the stupid weather channel concept.     

No problems. :P

Central PA got me pretty bitter in terms of the missed snow events I dealt with when I was up there-glad to see many of you guys did well with this.

nice to have that kind of help. So whats been the overall findings on the mmts compared to the vp2 for temps?

Better than the VP2, but MMTS always comes out a little colder than our official obs from the NWS thermometers in the Stevenson screen.

I'm just waiting until we can spring forward an hour... Taking 12z obs at 8 instead of 7 will be welcomed!

Archived