• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Central PA - February 2013

To anyone who can get under that pivoting band NW of Harrisburg, they may pick up a quick 1-2" with stronger vertical velocities. Looks like it may scrape Harrisburg and head into Lebanon county north of the turnpike. Could possibly fill in farther south as the surface low strengthens off the coast. For the lower SQV, these next 2-3 hours will make or break us.

any idea when live doppler 8 off the website will be fixed?  that's one of my fav radars to use

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canderson & I got the middle finger on this one.  Lucky if I have 0.1" on the grass and that's about it.

Next storm, Friday night.  Nam says 2 to 3 inches.  It's a lock.

(Sorry my comments have been less than adult-like.  Guess I just reached the venting stage.  Where's wmsptwx....maybe he can get me out of this funk?)

Canderson & I got the middle finger on this one.  Lucky if I have 0.1" on the grass and that's about it.

Next storm, Friday night.  Nam says 2 to 3 inches.  It's a lock.

(Sorry my comments have been less than adult-like.  Guess I just reached the venting stage.  Where's wmsptwx....maybe he can get me out of this funk?)

Nothing here has stuck to any surface, not even my a/c unit.

This winter can screw off.

any idea when live doppler 8 off the website will be fixed? that's one of my fav radars to use

It's not working? How long has that been going on? If its what I think it is then I can call Dr. Scala and have him reset Prism...which is the software that grabs the radar shots and posts to web. Unless you are talking about the live radar feed with the sweeper arm?

It's not working? How long has that been going on? If its what I think it is then I can call Dr. Scala and have him reset Prism...which is the software that grabs the radar shots and posts to web. Unless you are talking about the live radar feed with the sweeper arm?

yes, it's this one.  when you upload it, an error message pops up saying it's down for repair. 

http://www.wgal.com/weather/live-radar

About a foot. If it makes you feel any better, most of it's gone now. :(

I'm sorry it's all gone. Everybody deserves a foot of snow. When storms bust I don't get upset. I am happy for those who get snow. I am from the Johnstown area so we always gt some form of snow, until about April or May. I had no intention of sounding bitter. I only quoted Nemo due to the stupid weather channel concept.     

yes, it's this one. when you upload it, an error message pops up saying it's down for repair.

That feed may never come back. Had a power blip at the radar site last month and it somehow fried the server that is responsible for the task of making it "live". Millersville University used that feed all the time as well. I talked to one of the tech guys about getting it back up and running and he said its low on their list of things to do because a) the server is likely shot for good and it would cost some decent $$ to get it back up and running by buying a new one and B) buying a new one isn't high on the list of purchases because there's not any real monetary gain from the feed. There's many more things ahead of a new server that need to be updated.

That feed may never come back. Had a power blip at the radar site last month and it somehow fried the server that is responsible for the task of making it "live". Millersville University used that feed all the time as well. I talked to one of the tech guys about getting it back up and running and he said its low on their list of things to do because a) the server is likely shot for good and it would cost some decent $$ to get it back up and running by buying a new one and B) buying a new one isn't high on the list of purchases because there's not any real monetary gain from the feed. There's many more things ahead of a new server that need to be updated.

well that stinks lol  Thanks for the update.  that radar was the best for "ground truth" returns and for tracking t-storms.

I would pay a monthly fee to use it

What about a sponsor for it?

any reports on the band pushing thru cumberland county?

I'm in shock...i'm in shock....we have accumulating snowfall for the first time tonight!  Looking at radar, the last really good band is collapsing southward over Cumberland County and I'm finally in green which means I'm seeing white outside.

Ground totally white now...looks like it's accumulated almost 0.5" now....so, better than nothing and the 0.1" I reported earlier.  Looking at radar this surprise isn't going to last more than about another 10 minutes or so....so I'm enjoying it while I can!  :)

Temp down to 32.5.

Archived