Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA - February 2013

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.25" might've fallen from the sky but never stuck to anything even metal. Up to 11.6" on this awesome year.

I tried pushing my good snows your way, Chris.  Guess I was fighting a losing battle.

Hang in there...maybe we've got a shot Friday night?

Ended up with probably between 0.5" and 0.7" for final total.  At least it was enough to end my anger snap!

I think you reiterated my feelings about satisfaction from events the other night when you said that at least 2" is satisfying, 4" is better, and 8+ oustanding.  I feel the same way.  It takes about 2" to completely cover the grass.  That's when I feel like a good snow has fallen.

However, I've had like 3  0.5" events in a row now and they aren't that much fun...especially when more was expected.

Euro and GFS continue to be very active with a storm threat next Tuesday and then towards the end of next week there has been a another moisture laden storm that has been pretty consistent on both models. Concerning the Tuesday system, which is a moderate precip event both Euro and GFS have a lakes low but the Euro seems to be cold enough for snow for alot of PA with its elongated low pressure and reflection to the coast whereas GFS has a more typical GLC look with ptypes being mostly rain (although GFS is pretty close to doing what the Euro does). It'll be something to watch, this type of look with these storms on the models around this range has been a theme this winter. The long range may not look overly cold wrt to averages, but boy does it look active. 

For the Friday thing the 0z NAM was showing as well as the GFS a bit further southeast, The European has a bit of a wave but just some light precip for PA. 03 SREFs broadbrushed modest 1+ probs over most of PA lending a bit of support to the NAM. There will likely be some kind of wave that fires along the boundary as the cold air residing for the weekend presses down... the question is where. Hopefully for the folks here that missed out on Wednesdays surprise thump. 

Couldn't post yesterday, but i was suprised too see Chris (Hbg) and Stephen (Carlisle) were posting they were not seeing snow. At 530 i walked out of softball practice (Enola) to get something out of my Tahoe and it was crazy snow, huge flakes, but as reported by my neighbor, it was melting on contact. I recorded 42 as my high yesterday. Maybe our temps didn't drop as quickley as others?? This moring i did wake up to a icey crunchy crust on the driveway and grassy area's.

Couldn't post yesterday, but i was suprised too see Chris (Hbg) and Stephen (Carlisle) were posting they were not seeing snow. At 530 i walked out of softball practice (Enola) to get something out of my Tahoe and it was crazy snow, huge flakes, but as reported by my neighbor, it was melting on contact. I recorded 42 as my high yesterday. Maybe our temps didn't drop as quickley as others?? This moring i did wake up to a icey crunchy crust on the driveway and grassy area's.

I ended up with .2" (brought in rain guage to let it melt then forgot to measure before leaving...oops) ... looking at cocorahs obs (which i suggest everyone who already takes daily precip obs should join) I am currently the lowest in the area which does not happen often... craziest part is MDT reported 1.5" while there was nothing in the city... heat island effect keep temps just high enough to melt everything falling?

I ended up with .2" (brought in rain guage to let it melt then forgot to measure before leaving...oops) ... looking at cocorahs obs (which i suggest everyone who already takes daily precip obs should join) I am currently the lowest in the area which does not happen often... craziest part is MDT reported 1.5" while there was nothing in the city... heat island effect keep temps just high enough to melt everything falling?

Did you have a icey driveway this am? i had to have my guys throw a lil ice melt around on the walks here at work. (Susq. Twp)

Did you have a icey driveway this am? i had to have my guys throw a lil ice melt around on the walks here at work. (Susq. Twp)

surprisingly no... my driveway faces the south and where the sun hits it was actually dry... rest was wet but only sidewalk and deck in back of house was a little icy where sun barely reaches this time of year... when heading for 11/15 I did slide around a corner a little

nice shots Jamie. Whats your total up to now, 25-30 inches?

UNV has around 30, I would imagine. I don't think they've included this into their total yet. I would say, given this has been a very typical snow winter here, MBY got a little bit more. 

We've had a few minor event "overachievers" this winter. While we've had one 8" storm, the one thing missing is a double-digit event. 

UNV has around 30, I would imagine. I don't think they've included this into their total yet. I would say, given this has been a very typical snow winter here, MBY got a little bit more. 

We've had a few minor event "overachievers" this winter. While we've had one 8" storm, the one thing missing is a double-digit event. 

kind of reminds me of 03-04 here, when we nickled and dimed our way to 43", With December 6th, 6" as our biggest event. (we actually had 3.5" on December 5th too)

1.5"?????? F me. This is the only time I remember myself receiving significantly less than MDT and even a bit less than Jon (sauss). There was no ice anywhere this morning, no slush, just water puddles.

I'm pretty convinced I won't see 4" snow in one storm ever, ever again. :)

Archived