Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - February 2013

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering how much this phase is going to blowup. As 15714 said timing is huge.

Joe good post!

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here.  Based off satellite, upper air / surface obs and radar everything appears to be going as planned.  Those worrying about dramatic shifts and crazy temperature profiles, etc. should take a step away from the computer for a moment and realize three things:

• Central PA was never in the bulls eye for this storm, any snow we get is bonus.
  • Radar shows precipitation starting to build in Central PA.  While it's light, this is the first signal of the two storm combining.
  • The real business doesn't get going until after 3:00pm today.  

And I hate to say it, because he's a nice kid, but Zack coming back? All of this is his fault*

* if this turns out to be a colossal bust. even for our low expectations going in

Not getting a 2-4 storm isn't really a colossal bust. Now, if NYC gets shafted, that's a colossal bust with your choice of two sides of WTF. 

??? How can you say this before the storm is over ???

That had nothing to do with this storm. I know some of you guys like to smack down negativity but maybe you should save yourself the strain and take into thought that this post you're "smacking down" was in regards to the post about next week's storm being a "rinse and repeat of this storm".

Question I was watching the radar....it seems the radar has intensified....has this storm phased yet?

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/full_loop.php

Not yet. The precipitation near JST is the leading edge of the energy that will phase. The coastal is deepening on its own very nicely. Down to 992mb just east of Norfolk.

That had nothing to do with this storm. I know some of you guys like to smack down negativity but maybe you should save yourself the strain and take into thought that this post you're "smacking down" was in regards to the post about next week's storm being a "rinse and repeat of this storm".

Not really. Not a giant bomb for New England, just a bit south. Models are all over the place with it. 

But there's pretty good across-the-board agreement for the following storm. 

One other thing to all here....there's plenty of evidence that this winter is far from over. As HM posted in the other subforum, having some control over one's emotions and not freaking out is key to not looking like a douche. Remember, we're not six-year-olds being told the Barnie show has been cancelled at the local theater, we're supposed to be, you know, adults and stuff. To our credit, even our negative dudes are about 100 times better than a certain other subforum. 

Models are all over the place with it. 

One other thing to all here....there's plenty of evidence that this winter is far from over. As HM posted in the other subforum, having some control over one's emotions and not freaking out is key to not looking like a douche. Remember, we're not six-year-olds being told the Barnie show has been cancelled at the local theater, we're supposed to be, you know, adults and stuff. To our credit, even our negative dudes are about 100 times better than a certain other subforum. 

As they usually are with longer range storms. GFS saying it's going to be a repeat of this storm (when we don't even know how this storm is going to play out) means absolutely nothing, and is not a reason to say this winter is over, that it's back to normal, that it'll bust, or anything of the sort.

There are a ton of people that throw temper tantrums when things don't go perfectly. it's ridiculous. If the weather plays that big of a role in your (not calling anyone out, just a general "you") life to where you're emotionally distraught over not getting snow, or wind, or whatever, perhaps you need to take a step back and reevaluate. You can't control it so don't stress about it. Enjoy what comes, forget what doesn't, and try to learn a bit along the way.

But yes Jamie, CPA weenies > MA weenies > NYC weenies

Not really. Not a giant bomb for New England, just a bit south. Models are all over the place with it. 

But there's pretty good across-the-board agreement for the following storm. 

No, and this gets to exactly my point. You guys are trying too hard sometimes to be the emotions police when sometimes it's not warranted. The original post was "the gfs is a rinse and repeat of this storm. you have got to be kidding me" in a tone that was negative or implied that we're being screwed somehow, to which my response was basically "all is right with the world".

I don't see how you guys are seeing that as anything other than jest?

No, and this gets to exactly my point. You guys are trying too hard sometimes to be the emotions police when sometimes it's not warranted. The original post was "the gfs is a rinse and repeat of this storm. you have got to be kidding me" in a tone that was negative or implied that we're being screwed somehow, to which my response was basically "all is right with the world".

I don't see how you guys are seeing that as anything other than jest?

You never quoted the post you were referring to. As a standalone post, it comes across weenie-ish.

MAG's been feeling this for a while, actually. Going to be an active two-three weeks, regardless what happens.

Chris...earlier this morning you posted a forecast for tonight that called for 3 to 5 of snow.  Where was that forecast for?  I initially thought it was for you / Harrisburg, but that isn't what they are calling for.  Did I miss something?

Archived