Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - February 2013

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new NAM isn't really producing anything mind blowing in our neck of the woods, very similar QPF wise to the 12 and 18z runs. Half inch line runs from like York-MDT-IPT with pretty much everyone west of that line seeing the 0.25-0.50. Of course more east of that line. It'll be interesting to see if this storm comes close to some of the totals that are being printed out in the areas that look to get the brunt of this storm... good lord. 

Snowfall in the central counties is going to primarily hinge on the precip area out west associated with the northern branch system with the best potential rates being when the deformation axis swings through. The JST/AOO/UNV corridor could see a high impact several hour period of heavy snow that dumps a few inches and pushes east. Locations like IPT and MDT and esp east/northeast of these locations stand to see more consolidation of the precip shield ahead of this feature and have the shield linger as the storm winds up.

Things i'll be watching are the evolution of the precip shield with the southern stream system and how far west that makes it on its own as well as if we can get precip to fill in between the phasing systems earlier than progged. 

Am curious to see the SREFs now.

LNS: 5"

THV: 3"

HAR: 4"

RDG: 7"

IPT: 5"

ABE: 9"

PNE: 8"

PSB: 4"

JST: 4"

LBE: 3"

AVP: 9"

1 SREF model (MBN1) predicts 24" for LNS, 34" for RDG and 40" for PTW :lmao:

Edit: above numbers include all outliers. Tossing the MBN1 plot will lower the above totals.

Side note: I made the mistake of opening the MA subforum thread on this event. Don't make the same mistake. If 1 more storm goes north of them, I'm pretty sure there will be slitting of wrists. #firstworldproblems

LNS: 5"

THV: 3"

HAR: 4"

RDG: 7"

IPT: 5"

ABE: 9"

PNE: 8"

PSB: 4"

JST: 4"

LBE: 3"

AVP: 9"

1 SREF model (MBN1) predicts 24" for LNS, 34" for RDG and 40" for PTW :lmao:

Side note: I made the mistake of opening the MA subforum thread on this event. Don't make the same mistake. If 1 more storm goes north of them, I'm pretty sure there will be slitting of wrists. #firstworldproblems

Lol

Those SREF plume viewers give you the ability to deselect individual members so if you have extreme outliers, you can get rid of that and get a much better idea of the mean of the spread. For instance PTW has that member printing 40" when all other members are between 1 and 15". The mean with the 40 included is about 9 inches.. but with that eliminated its roughly 6 or so. We can always hope for that extreme outlier to come true though haha. 

Lol

Those SREF plume viewers give you the ability to deselect individual members so if you have extreme outliers, you can get rid of that and get a much better idea of the mean of the spread. For instance PTW has that member printing 40" when all other members are between 1 and 15". The mean with the 40 included is about 9 inches.. but with that eliminated its roughly 6 or so. We can always hope for that extreme outlier to come true though haha. 

lol yeah i know, I just posted raw data. Obviously that outlier needs tossed, and there are a few that are saying 0" that could probably be tossed too. I included the outliers in the estimates I posted. I should have stated such when I originally posted those numbers.

I just arrived at my cabin in Tioga county and am ever so thankful to have my iPhone to get these exciting updates. I hope the gfs and kuro continue the trends as our snowmobiles want to play tomorrow. I will send pics of what we are getting as well be in northern tioga and potter riding around. While the NAM qpf needs to be cut in half and it still shows a nice event. Here's to the rest of tonight's runs.

Nut

If the 0z GFS verifies (which it won't because it's a load of shyte) - the NYC thread would be just epic to read.

Oh, and it still gives them almost a foot of snow...babies. They're having weenie suicides over it.

No doubt. Very ugly.

The Euro has been consistent. I'd be surprised if it caved to the gfs.

Archived