• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA - February 2013

FIFY

Hahaha thanks. I remember sometime in the late 90s we had a storm that dumped probably 4 or 5 inches of sleet and it actually made some roads impassible where the sleet rolled down steep banks and piled up. That stuff lasted forever... I couldn't imagine a foot of it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTP just changed their snow map again. Not sure how to upload the image so if someone could post it so people can see the adjustments. Not sure what to think about this storm. I don't buy the rain that the NAM is selling.

Here you go,

post-1507-0-83674900-1360211025_thumb.pn

We're slowly reeling in the more decent snowfall haha. 

After watching the rest the 0z/03z guidance come thru tonight, there doesn't appear to be any major developments in either direction for C-PA. 0z Euro had about the same QPF as the last couple runs and continues to be by far the coldest guidance making for mainly a snow event. I think IMO given the setup with the strong high to the north and rapidly developing storm the Euro has it right wrt colder temps vs the warm GGEM and NAM. 03 SREF plumes were pretty similar to the 21z SREFs. The new 6z NAM coming in has appeared to bring our northern shortwave further south and more robust with a rapidly closing off and deepening 500 low over head. It's colder than 0z but still a bit too warm for my liking. Still continues the theme of precip being light to moderate but nothing overly heavy. 

Here are HPC's new snow prob products that were put out a couple hours ago.

>2"

post-1507-0-66844500-1360228368_thumb.gi

>6"

post-1507-0-04721900-1360228394_thumb.gi

CTP has really backed off on their snowmap, we'll see. 

post-1507-0-80612800-1360229188_thumb.pn

i'll be at the Giant Center in Hershey watching wrestling all day tomorrow, i have to figure out how to view this fo on my new Iphone properly...

anyhow, looks maybe like we (Harrisburg area)  start as maybe some sleet and a lil frzn before going to rain, then maybe snow on the back end Late afternoon Friday.

Have fun for those of you going chasing with Zac, i was reading his FB he seems pretty excited about it!

i'll be at the Giant Center in Hershey watching wrestling all day tomorrow, i have to figure out how to view this fo on my new Iphone properly...

anyhow,

Going to be hard to focus on the weather while smashing people with folding chairs all day...

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

Going to be hard to focus on the weather while smashing people with folding chairs all day...

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

+1

Not that kinda wrestling...High School team Championships!

You using the app or Safari?

hell i don't know? lol. i just typed in the web site?

"Whaaa...the storm is screwing us...Two foot plus in Massachusetts and all I'm getting is a lousy foot here where I live". This sucks so bad..."  :weep:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lmao: I guess a MECS isn't enough for them, poor babies.

Needless to say, I don't feel sorry for them at all. If we weren't in storm mode, I'd go into that subforum and tell them personally to STFU.

"Whaaa...the storm is screwing us...Two foot plus in Massachusetts and all I'm getting is a lousy foot here where I live". This sucks so bad..."  :weep:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lmao: I guess a MECS isn't enough for them, poor babies.

Needless to say, I don't feel sorry for them at all. If we weren't in storm mode, I'd go into that subforum and tell them personally to STFU.

If NYC gets screwed and NE is whining about a foot still, we could see a war between subforum weenie superpowers break out. 

If NYC gets screwed and NE is whining about a foot still, we could see a war between subforum weenie superpowers break out. 

HM and a few others in philly forum talking up 09 SREFS and deformation snows are ramping up totals again....philly now at 1.25 qpf.  This one may have some more love left for us as well.  HM suggesting NYC may be back into a big snow event....

Nut

HM and a few others in philly forum talking up 09 SREFS and deformation snows are ramping up totals again....philly now at 1.25 qpf.  This one may have some more love left for us as well.  HM suggesting NYC may be back into a big snow event....

Nut

HM per the philly forum:

Yes you are going to benefit from the northern stream going negatively tilted and diving toward the DELMARVA coastline. The deformation zone will hang out over our region through about 9z Saturday or so.

I would call this setup a hybrid for sure with a lean toward a miller A.

Nut

That's cool. I think after reading that they may have something similar to the blizzard of 1888 but maybe not on that scale - I mean a storm that starts off with rain and meh and turns into a beast. 

Through 36, the NAM looks okay for advisory snow here. And the NAM is going all HULK SMASH on NYC right now at hour 39. 

Archived