Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2013

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of us are going to be relying on precip from the northern stream energy before it transfers to the strengthening coastal low.... not a good sign imo especially with the line of showers entering western pa as mostly rain... that northern stream energy looks to be behind of where we would need it to be to interact with the coastal low earlier... as a result the precip shield for the coastal low is not expanding as far west as we would like to see and resulting in the lower qpf... its not so much a dryslot as it is just the drier gap in between two systems

Most of us are going to be relying on precip from the northern stream energy before it transfers to the strengthening coastal low.... not a good sign imo especially with the line of showers entering western pa as mostly rain... that northern stream energy looks to be behind of where we would need it to be to interact with the coastal low earlier... as a result the precip shield for the coastal low is not expanding as far west as we would like to see and resulting in the lower qpf... its not so much a dryslot as it is just the drier gap in between two systems

Good points. I can't tell what is falling on traffic cams around Dubois because of the fog. 

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here.  Based off satellite, upper air / surface obs and radar everything appears to be going as planned.  Those worrying about dramatic shifts and crazy temperature profiles, etc. should take a step away from the computer for a moment and realize three things:

1. Central PA was never in the bulls eye for this storm, any snow we get is bonus.
  2. Radar shows precipitation starting to build in Central PA.  While it's light, this is the first signal of the two storm combining.
  3. The real business doesn't get going until after 3:00pm today.  

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here.  Based off satellite, upper air / surface obs and radar everything appears to be going as planned.  Those worrying about dramatic shifts and crazy temperature profiles, etc. should take a step away from the computer for a moment and realize three things:

1. Central PA was never in the bulls eye for this storm, any snow we get is bonus.
  2. Radar shows precipitation starting to build in Central PA.  While it's light, this is the first signal of the two storm combining.

You can take your voice of reason and F off, mr.! :) Just kidding, as always you do a great job of setting proper expectations. Come back!

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. 

My game is always can I reach or best normal. I'll take any snow toward that goal. 

Maybe it's just my eyes (Bloodshot. Stayed up late. ugh) but the radar makes it seem as if Eastern PA could get screwed royally here. Phasing happening late?

The storm is moving east due to the western storm moving in from the west. it's basically squishing it. Once the phase happens later things will change. Timing of the phase will be huge. If the phase is late all the heavy precipitation falls in the ocean or on the coast. Due to the fact the storm will slide more to the east until it phases. This is critical for NYC southward. So there might be a spike in weenie suicide rates later.

Archived