• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 25-26 Storm Potential

powderfreak

Tip, would the corollary to your theory mean a growing imbalance between the cold to the north and warm to the south?  An imbalance that begs to be corrected via a superstorm...perhaps when the wavelengths begin to shorten?

First of all, not a theory - just a supposition, but one I feel has merit and should be explored, possibly leading to theory.  

To your first question, it would not be a "growing" imbalance, because if it has merit, it is already there.  But I think that's what you meant - 

To your 2nd question.  Yes.  I am a warm to the notion that GW would lead to increased frequency of larger winter events, provided the gradient is there.  And much because if the gradients are larger, you have more potential energy.  Note I say "winter" events.  I say that because those are manufactured by planetary wave translations - but that's a digression.  

This run of the GFS sort of illustrates that.  Not saying its right, but even though suppressed character to the flow has relaxed by the end of this week, the waves them selves are still moving along too fast.  

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has the looks of a nice 6-12 inch regionwide event

LOL.  We hope.  A bit too far south for my liking.

ALMOST ALL OF SNE WILL SEE SNOW ACCUMS PERHAPS ADV LEVEL...WITH THE SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF THE AREA WITH THE HIGHER CONFIDENCE. IF THIS SYSTEM PLAYS OUT...A FEW LOCATIONS MAY PERHAPS SEE ABOVE 6 INCHES. RIGHT NOW CONFIDENCE IS TO LOW AND WILL WANT TO WAIT AND SEE IF MODELS HAVE BETTER CONSISTENCY.

0z nogaps.

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/nogaps/00znogaps850mbTSLPp12120.gif

Schwartz Synoptic Seven

12z same.

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi/cgi-bin/wxmap_all.cgi?type=tau&area=fnmoc_namerτ=108&dtg=2013012112&set=AllSchwartz Synoptic Seven

This will not be suppressed. Nogaps amped nearly always signals that.

Schwartz Synoptic Seven

Archived