Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 25-26 Storm Potential

powderfreak

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winner winner Chicken dinner

As the storm passed off the New Jersey coast, a gravity wave was induced near Allentown, PA. The barometric pressure plunged 22.4 millibars (0.66 inHg) from 997.7 (29.46 inHg) to 975.3 millibars (28.80 inHg) in just 45 minutes at Allentown and then rebounded almost as much in only 15 minutes. The gravity wave propagated northeastward and produced similar pressure fluctuations in New England. Boston, MA recorded a wind gust to 66 mph as the wave passed, along with heavy sleet.

NOT boring!

Lock the GFS up please

Yep that'd work...pretty awesome upslope signal on that one after the synoptic snows move into eastern New England.  Some of these solutions are finding ways to please everyone, lol. 

I just keep thinking about the clipper that's moving through southern Canada today was progged to be like over NYC a week ago.  Hopefully we can keep this one south of New England, but I think its a very good chance with this one, given the antecedent airmass in place.  Going to be hard to drill a low through that after 3-4 days of bitter cold...but odder things have happened I guess.

Yep that'd work...pretty awesome upslope signal on that one after the synoptic snows move into eastern New England.  Some of these solutions are finding ways to please everyone, lol. 

I just keep thinking about the clipper that's moving through southern Canada today was progged to be like over NYC a week ago.  Hopefully we can keep this one south of New England, but I think its a very good chance with this one, given the antecedent airmass in place.  Going to be hard to drill a low through that after 3-4 days of bitter cold...but odder things have happened I guess.

Only one or two runs had that anywhere south of you. ENS especially, looking good

Only one or two runs had that anywhere south of you. ENS especially, looking good

Really?  There were quite a few long range runs that had it much further south... this weekend had been trending warmer for days and it was all because that storm kept going further north.  A week ago, this weekend wasn't supposed to be in the 40s in SNE.  It means nothing going forward really, just an observation I guess.

Still home ....Plymouth has the longest break in the history of all schools lol...I'll be back up at Plymouth a week from tomorrow. Hoping to get a decent event here Tuesday/Friday and then an awesome Feb-Apr stretch for central new england after that haha.

Wow that is a long break for college... I think we had 3 weeks for UVM but not going back till the very end of January would've been nice lol.

Really?  There were quite a few long range runs that had it much further south... this weekend had been trending warmer for days and it was all because that storm kept going further north.  A week ago, this weekend wasn't supposed to be in the 40s in SNE.  It means nothing going forward really, just an observation I guess.

Meh on op long range features, use Ens 

Archived