• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 25-26 Storm Potential

powderfreak

6Z GFS pretty bullish on a relatively cold swfe 1/25-6.

That run is awesome for a lot of New England.... looks beautiful up here.

In fact, that run is awesome all around... the clipper coming up is looking more and more robust here, especially with the WAA precip late tonight and tomorrow.  Then arctic hounds, then what looks like a fairly significant snowstorm next weekend.

Lock this in please... though I think this one keeps trending colder and further south. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have no problem whatsovever locking the 6z GFS-might be borderline for stamford but for Lake Placid that is 6"+ of snow and since i'm skiing that weekend it should be sweet! Unfortunatley though as we all know the chances of this verbatim are close to zero, just ask the rest of the long range storms that were suppsoed to come this winter.

-skisheep

That run is awesome for a lot of New England.... looks beautiful up here.

In fact, that run is awesome all around... the clipper coming up is looking more and more robust here, especially with the WAA precip late tonight and tomorrow.  Then arctic hounds, then what looks like a fairly significant snowstorm next weekend.

Lock this in please... though I think this one keeps trending colder and further south. 

attachicon.gif180.JPG

attachicon.gif186.JPG

attachicon.gif192.JPG

Scott, See if you can lock this up....... :D

Thought I'd break off a thread to discuss this potential that has popped up.

Good call... I just think this one has a good shot to head further south and be a good shot of snow for a lot of New England.  There is no way that cold air (-30C H85) is going to lift out quickly (though I know weirder things have happened) but this system could quickly go from a cutter to a major winter storm for the northeast.  The prior airmass will certainly be cold enough, haha.

I feel as confident about this storm as any this winter.  SWFEs are easy to see...straight forward, straight across.  I think there are less nuances than we get with clippers, Miller Bs and As.  I like this storm, although maybe 26-27th, not 25th-26th?  I think it ushers in a snowy period that will get us a true west NAO.  February will rock and we will have deep snow.  Love that the MJO is continue to be robust and move slowly into the correct phases.  Combine this with the Strat warm and we should be good for a few more weeks at least.

The slower it develops the longer it takes to leave..

Archived