• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 25-26 Storm Potential

powderfreak

LOL that 6z GFS is as good as it gets for all of New England.  Even up here in NW New England we'd be on the NW edge but the NW-flow upslope enhancement would cancel less QPF out pretty quickly. 

I'm not sure I've ever seen a prog that shows snow literally all over New England in one storm like that, haha.

I do like how its been weakening the confluence the past couple runs over southern Canada and in the Maritimes.  If that trend keeps up this could be a biggie without eascaping too far east.

Just hopefully we don't end up back with a cutter in 3 days, lol.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One hell of a cold airmass it's slamming into. What it does after is really interesting. More energy dives around into the deep south and fires a new low along the front. Verbatim it's snow to sleet or even ZR here..to snow..lol.

I like what I see out of the GFS today.  I think we see the lead wave dampen out as we get closer given the antecedent airmass.  Going to be tough to drive a system like the GFS shows up into that without some sort of redevelopment off the coast.

I like what I see out of the GFS today.  I think we see the lead wave dampen out as we get closer given the antecedent airmass.  Going to be tough to drive a system like the GFS shows up into that without some sort of redevelopment off the coast.

I thought it was going to dampen out, but if you look at H5, the confluence over us lifts out just enough and you allow that ULL over se Hudson Bay and another s/w over Lake Superior at hr 144 to get involved.

One hell of a cold airmass it's slamming into. What it does after is really interesting. More energy dives around into the deep south and fires a new low along the front. Verbatim it's snow to sleet or even ZR here..to snow..lol.

well, we need to do something with this incoming cold airmass. If not, i'll move to Florida next year.

That's meh for up here

yeah thats what I was alluding to. Pretty weak. Altho i hate cold and wind enough to want to move to fla lol, i will root for really cold nightime temps next week. See if i can hit -20...i radiate like crazy here. I was -1 here last night before the clouds rolled in...while my buddy across town who lives on a bit of a hill only got down to 13.

Winner winner Chicken dinner

As the storm passed off the New Jersey coast, a gravity wave was induced near Allentown, PA. The barometric pressure plunged 22.4 millibars (0.66 inHg) from 997.7 (29.46 inHg) to 975.3 millibars (28.80 inHg) in just 45 minutes at Allentown and then rebounded almost as much in only 15 minutes. The gravity wave propagated northeastward and produced similar pressure fluctuations in New England. Boston, MA recorded a wind gust to 66 mph as the wave passed, along with heavy sleet.

yeah thats what I was alluding to. Pretty weak. Altho i hate cold and wind enough to want to move to fla lol, i will root for really cold nightime temps next week. See if i can hit -20...i radiate like crazy here. I was -1 here last night before the clouds rolled in...while my buddy across town who lives on a bit of a hill only got down to 13.

I was same here -1 before the steady climb, That early wave put down a quick 0.3" here

Archived