Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 17-18th disco thread--1st big threat of the year

Midlo Snow Maker

Ever since Dave and I joined Leesburg in Leesburg its been a disaster

Yeah....you guys werent here yet when we got 30+" on Feb 5/6th 2010....then another 12" on the 10th. Snowpack was near 40" for a few days....glorious...might take us 5 years to get 40" at this rate....can you guys move back?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got more out of that event than this one. This one's snowfall rates were much more impressive, but the snow was so wet it really compacted. (too bad it wasn't fresh powder) I got around 5-6'' out this event. Around 8" for the Feb. 2012 event.

I did even worse. Had 9+ from that event, got 3 from this one. Although for a while it was epic on the rate, this was a warmer event here. Still 3 is more than I had. :) Congrats to those south that got 6-12, enjoy! (If you have power)

Yeah....you guys werent here yet when we got 30+" on Feb 5/6th 2010....then another 12" on the 10th. Snowpack was near 40" for a few days....glorious...might take us 5 years to get 40" at this rate....can you guys move back?

I was in the burg though at that time. Ji was still in cashburn. It was me that brought that awesome winter with me from new england when we moved here :)

Tight gradient on the 2/10 storm.  Most of Carroll County got 2 feet plus.  MBY got 27".

Nice event here just SW of RIC. Changeover happened around 6pm. Unfortunately I had to go into work (YMCA) but watched a lot of the great rates out the window. A nice flash of lightning and some thunder closed down our pool, which was pretty cool. The drive home was absolutely treacherous. 1" on the board but I'm sure there was more...this is literally the most compacted snow I have ever seen.

post-250-0-94179800-1358477106_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-69997100-1358477098_thumb.jpg

Nice event here just SW of RIC. Changeover happened around 6pm. Unfortunately I had to go into work (YMCA) but watched a lot of the great rates out the window. A nice flash of lightning and some thunder closed down our pool, which was pretty cool. The drive home was absolutely treacherous. 1" on the board but I'm sure there was more...this is literally the most compacted snow I have ever seen.

attachicon.gifphoto-11.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto-10.JPG

I haven't seen snow cover the road like that in 2 years now.

Ian, perhaps pass along that modesty is a fine quality. The CWG gloating is a tad over the top.

I don't think he was bragging as much as defending CWG from comments pretty much dissing the forecasts.  I guess it's that we look at things from different perspectives.  Yesterday we were criticized for questioning the Watch and today for putting out a forecast of too much snow.  It's a no win situation.  Heck me responding and defending Ian probably is a no win situation. 

I don't think he was bragging as much as defending CWG from comments pretty much dissing the forecasts.  I guess it's that we look at things from different perspectives.  Yesterday we were criticized for questioning the Watch and today for putting out a forecast of too much snow.  It's a no win situation.  Heck me responding and defending Ian probably is a no win situation. 

As long as its sunny tomorrow all sins forgiven

I don't think there any particularly great forecasts but we all knew going in that being on the edge was a problem. CWG's was certainly among the least bad..

My one question might be if anyone actually really saw us getting 1" of snow or something. To me it mostly always looked like an "all or nothing" deal. I suppose had we caught a band for an hour and it was cold the low side could work.. but it never really looked like the case where an area was going to get light snow for a few hours and pile it up or something. The air mass is pretty bunk.

I'm glad I don't really make any personal numbered forecasts anymore. Who wants to have to deal with all that crap. :P

Archived