• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Jan 17-18th disco thread--1st big threat of the year

Midlo Snow Maker

you have to go to this link, click on "Regional Products" on the left side menu, then click on the "Northeast" on the map, then go up to just above the map to "Product Menu" and click on "Water Vapor Loop 12"

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/

that upper low looks incredible

the radar pics are second to none on that site.....NEXRAD on left menu

It's neat how that plume of clouds expands in KY at the end of the loop.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, negative tilt baby

I'm sure it's these weenie glasses of mine, but I swear the u/l is taking a NE jog

the 500 low was always progged just a bit too south.. the hope was it would shift north thru the end. reality seems more like it might end up south of progged.

the 500 low was always progged just a bit too south.. the hope was it would shift north thru the end. reality seems more like it might end up south of progged.

yep and I was thinking, hoping, and praying for our last chance of it doing just that

it may not be hitting the ground to our north, but radar is showing precip into southern PA and that was definitely not on the NAM's sim rad

yep and I was thinking, hoping, and praying for our last chance of it doing just that

it may not be hitting the ground to our north, but radar is showing precip into southern PA and that was definitely not on the NAM's sim rad

it really is a disaster that we get a north trend every storm except the ones we need it

We should always trust the EURO

not only that but the lack of a robust southern stream that is capable of pulling itself up by its own bootstraps whenever it faces even minor hostility....even with a robust ULL and a bootleg air mass, it is incapable of penetrating a barrier of 40/33 temps and a weak high pressure due to a little confluence....so our typical 1012 sfc low ambles harmlessly out to sea...hopefully in february we can get a reasonable southern stream capable of 2-4" events without northern stream help

Archived