e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Jan 17-18th disco thread--1st big threat of the year

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry disc. Lost two pines to Sandy's rains and the steady wind.

Pines are dangerous trees to have near a house. When I was in Sequoia Nat Park I believe they said the General Sherman tree had roots that were only 3 feet deep. It is estimated to weigh 12,000,000 pounds. In other words, pines aren't well anchored.

We just need to accept we live in a bad part of the world for snow, where snow is actually still possible. It really is unreal how in these two horrible winters places SOUTH of us cash in. 

I think Ji said it the other day, it snows to our north and our south but not here. Too far south for coastal's, too far north for southern sliders. 

Ian what does your gut say on the upcoming severe season?

We just need to accept we live in a bad part of the world for snow, where snow is actually still possible.

While that may seem like the case, our geography allows for the potential for 30"+ storms if all the ingredients come together right (Feb '10).. There are very few places in the US where that is possible at the same elevation.

As frustrating as a winters can be around here, I think it really makes you appreciate it more when it comes.

First inch done here. The crazy things-- some of the usual places that change first-- Bedford, Goode and Amherst have just changed. They are both NORTH and WEST...

Happens sometimes. The best spot for CAD is sometimes 30 miles east of the mountains. Denver is quite a bit colder then Boulder sometimes due to this.

Archived