mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Good riddance 2012. Rockin 2013? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add, it's this constant looking 10 days ahead for the big blizzard that makes winter seem such a short season for many of us. Enjoy the day, focus on the two or three days in front.

We had snow Wed night, Friday, Saturday, and ice today. Its been below freezing almost continually since last Monday. I know we haven't seen a big snow, but I think you miss out on fun by expecting too much. If we can't like the past week, then it really is going to be a crappy place for winter for people in this region.

I would've liked the past week a lot better if I'd seen a snow event that covered the ground fully. Maybe you have, and if so, then great, but trash can toppers just don't satisfy me, at all. And I hardly got a thing on Saturday.

Just got back from Deep Creek Lake.  It snowed from late Friday AM until Saturday sunset.  Great skiing conditions.  Got about 6-7" total at the rental in Oakland.  Got my snow fix; bring on spring.

Spring starts in March, move south if you want it earlier.

59F and mostly sunny here.  If that sun stays out we're heading for mid 60s.  No chance at records today as the max at IAD is 75F (1975), but tomorrow's record is 70F so there's a chance to get that one.

The record high min of 43F (2002) is a lock for today, however.  Lo temp at OKV so far today was 50F at midnight.  No way it's dropping to 43F, especially by 11:59.

I just checked the history at IAD; it made it down to 39F at 4:52 this morning - no record for IAD then.  At the same time it was 52F out here.  If records were kept at OKV then we probably shatter that record.

Archived