Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
December 29-30 storm.

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had a gigantic bowl of cheerios/wheaties mix in Chocolate milk with chocolate chips on top....I am feeding my disease/despondency with food and it isn't helping...If I still drank/smoked, I'd be 3 sheets right now and topping it off with a couple bong hits

obligatory weather content...37 cloudy...going to record a T....even though I am tempted to 0,25" it

Not sure I'd even go 0.1" in Columbia. Even at its heaviest and on grassy areas, the snow never stuck for more than a couple minutes.

Hmmm...it's pretty unusual for BWI to get 0.4" and Columbia to get less in this type of situation. Just based off BWI alone, I would have thought 0.4-0.6" for Columbia. But, maybe it just is what it is.

I was surrounded by bands for a while then the last part kinda collapsed on me. I've become numb to it over the years.. One of my main reasons for not liking winter as much anymore... Tho I forget that when there is a threat.

I just had a gigantic bowl of cheerios/wheaties mix in Chocolate milk with chocolate chips on top....I am feeding my disease/despondency with food and it isn't helping...If I still drank/smoked, I'd be 3 sheets right now and topping it off with a couple bong hits

obligatory weather content...37 cloudy...going to record a T....even though I am tempted to 0,25" it

:lmao: good stuff thank god I got away from the hell hole of snowless ric

2.3" here temp has dropped to 27 wind is blowing pretty good with some drifting going on still light snow. A winter wasteland here

Hmmm...it's pretty unusual for BWI to get 0.4" and Columbia to get less in this type of situation. Just based off BWI alone, I would have thought 0.4-0.6" for Columbia. But, maybe it just is what it is.

I did better than .4" as I usually do in marginal situations

as I drove out of Linthicum to Aviation Blvd. (the beltway around BWI for those not familiar) on the east side of the airport coverage on the ground rapidly dwindled heading S toward Glen Burnie/Dorsey Rd.

otoh, only a snow weenie would notice or care.....we're such losers lol

From 1:30 to about 2:30 we broke out into full sunshine - I mean hardly a cloud in the sky. Temp spiked to 40F and everything from this AM was gone in minutes. Lost a significant amount of previous snow cover as well. Clouds are back now, but the damage is done.

Yep, same here. And we've stayed at 41 degrees since that raging bout of sunshine. Losing that gossamer dusting of white so quickly infuriates me more than that damnable dry slot this morning. God help me, I'm such a weenie today. I'm throwing Prometheus on the Blu-ray and having a couple fingers of scotch.

I don't know how I'm maintaining with us near DC basically having 0" so far and glory just a few miles away. The in laws would have noticed the empty wine bottles if I had drank my misery away watching the lame snow on radar.

Thanks for the texts and pic. You too Ian. Pain was a little less seeing that I didn't miss much.

45 and loads of sun here.

On my forecasts I went 1-2" north and west of the city with lesser amounts in city and to south and east. Looks like some further n&w did make those amounts but city and s&e really got zip.

By around 12/15 I declared that if post 12/27 we were still chasing cold and snow as yet another 10 days away that we were cooked. 12/27 has passed and although we are getting a decent cold shot upcoming it does not look sustaining nor snowy. Don S. has provided some detailied analysis of colder conditions for the east post 1/1/13 but I really do not see any sustained and persistent cold. It looks better that December but the promise of what we want coming true in 10 days still continues to be a dangled carrot.

Where I am (Oakland Mills) we never really got moderate snow for more than a minute or two. Even the always-shaded part of my deck just briefly whitened during our "bursts". Also, from about 10:30-11:30 am we got stuck in a dry spot that stretched in a line from hear north/northeast to Pikesville while points east and west continued to get snow.

Archived